Search This Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Decidedly December – 2020

I am really having a hard time with the prompt for today in the December Reflections. It is “Best day of 2020.” Even looking through all the pictures I took this year, I’m not sure I could find a “BEST” day. I mean, there were a lot of good days and a lot of days that were just days, which I suppose in the year of COVID is actually not bad. Maybe my best day of 2020 hasn’t happened yet. We still have some time left. I’ll have to get back to you on that one.

The prompt for December Countdown is a little easier. It is “Tradition.” For the last seven years I’ve been making Vision Cards in December. I guess you might call that a tradition now. My cards for 2020 were these:

And I wrote about them here. Going through them now as the year comes to a close, the ones that had to do with travel/adventure and connecting had to be put on hold as the pandemic certainly limited things on those fronts. I did stay connected to my sister who learned how to FaceTime, my mom by calling her at least once or twice a week and monthly check-ins with my best friend who lives quite a distance away. I did also do a Zoom scrapbooking day or two with my niece and that was fun.

The health, household, finances and business ones all got a little attention and I am pretty satisfied with each focus area. I really like using these rather than trying to make New Years Resolutions. Definitely less chance of failure because although I didn’t get everything accomplished that I wanted to, at least I touched on each of them.

Now it’s time to make another set of cards. I think the themes will basically be the same, although I may add some descriptive words and ideas to each one. I’ll share them when I’m done. What are your traditions? Did you have a “Best Day” in 2020? Share!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2020/12/03/decidedly-december-2020-2/

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    It's so true, dear friend. Looking back on this awful year, 2020, which saw our lives derailed by the pandemic, found us in the grip of the nonstop stress of the presidential campaign and, for you, wildfires that ruined the air you breathe, it is difficult to identify a "best day." For me the best day of 2020 was the Saturday following the election when my home state of Pennsylvania put Joe Biden over the top for the win. Finally, for the first time in nearly four years, I could relax a bit and breathe easier knowing that a grownup would soon be back in the White House.

    2020 (as in 20-20) was the perfect year for "Vision Cards," and I love the resolutions and affirmations on your colorful collection. I look forward to seeing the new batch you produce to propel you forward into 2021. It's good to know you adapted to the new normal forced upon us by the virus by setting up FaceTime and Zoom sessions with distant family members.

    Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that Saturday was a blessed day for sure. I actually cried. Now I'm waiting for the 14th when the Electoral College makes its appearance and the #45 will be out for good. I'm looking forward to making the vision cards again. Probably this weekend. Thanks for stopping by good buddy.

      Delete
  2. 2020 has been a really strange and difficult year but I'm fortunate to have gained 3 more grandchildren this year so there are 3 best days for me. I'm not sure anyone's plans for the year will have turned out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!