Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Decidedly December – 2020

For our prompts today we have Favorite Hobby and Family. I have a lot of hobbies that I enjoy. Reading is one. The new Pop Sugar Reading Challenge just came out and I am excited to do that. I failed this year, reading only 17 books out of the 40 that I had set for my goal. You’d think I’d have been able to read more with the pandemic but no. I did cross off some of my poster pieces though. Pride and Prejudice, The Scarlet Letter, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Lord of the Flies and Great Expectations. I have the intention of reading Anna Karenina, Gone With the Wind and The Great Gatsby next year.

I’d have to say coloring is another hobby. I did do a lot of that because I can watch TV with the hubs while I’m doing it. Can’t really read and watch a movie. Here are some of my latest for the Escapist Coloring Club.

I think blogging might be a hobby. I might have wanted to be a writer and this is a way to do that on my own terms. I also like the interaction with the friendly people I meet (yes, that’s you if you’re reading this).

Participating in challenges might be a hobby too, to be honest. I’ve been doing the One Second Everyday video thing this year and am looking forward to the end result when I can see the whole year flash before my eyes. I have to start thinking about what to do for the A to Z this year too! Do you have your theme yet?

And for the other prompt, Family, well, I have to say that I am grateful that my family puts up with all my hobbies!

How about you? Favorite hobbies? Special family? Share!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2020/12/02/decidedly-december-2020/

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I remember reading and then studying and discussing The Scarlet Letter, Huck Finn, Lord of the Flies and Great Expectations in my high school English literature classes. For years I have wanted to read The Great Gatsby but haven't gotten around to it.

    I admire the latest examples of your coloring. Exotic animals, butterflies and lush foliage are elements that please my sensibilities.

    My A to Z theme this year will be the same as every other year. While not taking part in it myself, I will do my best to support loyal friends in their challenges. For me, blogging evolved from years of scrapbooking. Blogging is a creative outlet. In my younger years I loved to host parties and entertain friends. Blogging allows me to do that in a different manner, and it affords me the opportunity to expand my reach to new friends like you who live clear across the country. Mrs. Shady and I are art lovers and visit galleries and exhibits several times in a normal year, this year being an exception.

    I hope your week is going splendidly, dear friend Janet. I'll be seeing you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shady! I, too, read a lot of those books in high school but that was ever so long ago and, since i got the scratch off poster for Christmas last year I promised my daughter that I would re-read the books rather than just crossing them off. In truth, I kind of enjoyed them the second time around when I didn't feel the pressure of having to write a report about them - LOL. As one of your loyal friends, I appreciate your support in the A to Z and the rest of the year.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!