Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2021

#JusJoJan – 2021 – Servant

Behind from the start, I decided I’m not going to be a “servant” to the prompts. If I get in, I get in and if I miss one, I’m not going to try and make it up. There. That’s a load of pressure off me! Thanks to Linda for the prompts and for her relaxed rules about following them.

I haven’t posted since December 12. I’ve been around and commented on other blogs but my own posts have been pushed to the side. One of the reasons is that I have had some work to do, which is a good thing. The other reason is not so exciting. About the 15th of December we got a call from a friend of ours letting us know he tested positive for the virus, yes, THAT virus. We had seen him at the end of November (in retrospect not a great idea since he had flown across the country twice in the week before). My husband had gotten what he was sure was “just a bad cold” about a week after we had had lunch with our friend. Once we got the call though, we figured that hubby had better get tested. Sure enough, the test came back positive.

Fortunately my test and the test of all of our kids came back negative and hubby’s symptoms never reached a point where he needed to have medical attention. In fact, by the time we got the news of the positive test, he was already getting better. Still, it meant that we could not have Christmas on Christmas since our eldest daughter does not live with us and our son couldn’t get tested until Christmas Eve so we would not have everyone’s results back in time. For a week, we were on pins and needles even though none of the rest of us had had any symptoms.

The presents sat patiently. Actually, we had some extra time for shopping and waiting for things to be delivered.

We decided to have our “Christmas” on New Year’s Eve and that way our daughter could spend the night and we would ring in the New Year as a family, something we haven’t done since the kids were little. Even then, the kids were little and probably in bed – LOL.

Cheers

I am definitely saying a prayer of thanks that we managed to come through it as good as we did. Postponing Christmas was a small price to pay. Hopefully with the vaccines rolling out we will start to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Happy New Year to you, if I haven’t said it yet. 2021 has got to be a better year!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/01/03/jusjojan-2021-servant/

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    It's great to see you reporting in for the first time this year, dear friend! I admire your approach to hops. There's no use being a slave to them. There may come a point when you are spending too much time creating content to satisfy prompts while neglecting more important activities, not to mention family members who need you.

    I am very relieved to know that your hubby experienced only mild symptoms. What a blessing that he and the rest of your family got through the holidays in good health when so many others did not!

    It's nice to see a pic of your pretty tree surrounded by presents. There's no rule against observing Christmas on New Year's Eve, especially during a year when so many of our traditions needed to be modified or totally abandoned. It was a wonderful idea to have your daughter with you to celebrate two holidays in one.

    I hope we can safely say that 2021 HAS to be a better year. I still have my doubts based on what's happening on the political scene. Let us hope for peace, calm and an orderly transition in the days and weeks ahead because they will set the tone for the rest of the year.

    Happy New Year to you and your family, including my good buddy Benny, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by friend Shady! I am holding my breath for the next 17 days for sure and wish there was some way to make the crazy stop. How has no one certified him crazy yet? Anyway, looking forward to some goodness this year.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Janet - I am so happy to hear that you, your husband and your family are fine. What a scare! Wishing you all a happy and healthy new year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! We are truly blessed. We are now all taking Vitamin D which is supposed to be of great benefit. Stay safe!

      Delete
  3. So glad you came through this ok. Yes Christmas may have had to be postponed but at least you were able to get together afterwards. Happy New Year to you. I hope you all stay well in 2021 and cheers to a better year. As for the prompts etc that's a very sensible attitude to take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, small price to pay for the safety of the family. 2021 is starting off better already.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!