Search This Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Noted in November - 2018 - #SLS and those wedding photos

It's been a week since I posted and if you remember, that was a quick post as we were on our way to a wedding:


We clean up pretty good don't we?  We are so matching!  My nails match his shirt, his tie matches my dress, you'd think we do that kind of thing all the time, right?  Probably won't wear those clothes again for 5 years - LOL.  It was a very interesting wedding and we had a good time.  It was the FIRST time I've ever had the waiters came around with blankets for the guests since it was so cold in this venue.  I actually wore my coat almost the whole time but I took it off so we could have this picture taken.   

Then came Thanksgiving.  We started it off by playing a game of Monopoly.  FIRST time we've done that as a complete family.



 The family photo.

Followed by a trip to the movies.  We saw Bohemian Rhapsody.  I really liked it.  Even my 95-year-old mom came with us.  I forgot to tell my husband I was taking a picture - :)   


We have gone to the movies on Christmas before but the is the FIRST time we've been on Thanksgiving.  There were only a few other people in the theater, as you can see from the empty seats.  Then again, it was 10:30 PM on Thanksgiving night so maybe people were out shopping those black Friday sales.  Our son came too but he was out getting something and when he came back it was time for the movie to start so I couldn't get his picture.  


Yesterday I participated in a Holiday Boutique, selling my cards and mini-albums and things.  


I was a vendor at this event last year for the FIRST time but it was in a different location.  I was much happier with this spot.  It seemed that we got more shoppers.  I made enough money to cover the cost of renting the spot and a profit on top of that.  FIRST time I have gotten a special order during a sales event too.  I sold a lot of my cards and things but there is plenty left in the Etsy shop if you need some Christmas cards or decorations.  You should check it out!   


I missed the Full Frost Moon on Friday because it was raining and too cloudy.  Fortunately we have a three day window to make our intentions and so I caught it last night.  Still cloudy but you can see her.    



All of which leads to our Song Lyric Sunday prompt, "First."  Thanks, Helen.

I was going to use the song, "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" but someone else has used that.  We are going to see Fleetwood Mac tonight, FIRST time without Lindsey Buckingham, who wrote the words to this song:


Monday Morning
Monday morning you sure look fine
Friday I got travelin' on my mind
First you love me and then you fade away
I can't go on believin' this way
I got nothing but love for you
Tell me what you really want to do
First you love me, then you get on down the line
But I don't mind, I don't mind, yeah
I'll be there if you want me to
No one else that could ever do
Got to get some peace in my mind
Monday morning you sure look fine
Friday I got travelin' on my mind
First you love me and then you say it's wrong
You know I can't go on believing for long
But you know it's true
You only want me when I get over you
First you love me, then you get on down the line
But I don't mind, no, I don't mind, yeah
I'll be there if you want me to
No one else that could ever do
Got to get some peace in my mind
But you know it's true
You know you only want me when I get over you
First you love me, then you get on down the line
But I don't mind, no, I don't mind, yeah
I'll be there if you want me to
No one else that could ever do
Got to get some peace in my mind
Songwriters: Lindsey Buckingham
Monday Morning lyrics © Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd.

It is interesting that I checked the setlist for this tour as I always do and they are performing this song.  I guess he can't stop them from performing it without him just like he performed some of "their" songs when he does his solo tour, and Stevie Nicks sings some Fleetwood songs when she does her solo stuff.  Must have been written into their contracts.  Anyway, here is the YouTube version:




Question for you all who participate in this song sharing fest, when you grab a link from YouTube to share, do you take from the artist/official clip or do you take from other people?  I am always afraid that if I don't use the official clip I'm violating someone's rights.  The scrapbook pages I made  from one of the times we saw Fleetwood, this time was without Christine McVie. 







I hope I can get some better pictures this time.  Don't forget to visit some of the other players in the Song Lyric game.  Happy Sunday everyone! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!