Search This Blog

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Noted in November - 2018

I had to run some errands today which meant I had to go outside in the haze.  I know posted a picture of the orange sun a few days ago but the quality of the air around here has gotten much worse.  We are experiencing the effects from the fires that rage hundreds of miles from us.  I've read books and watched movies about the futuristic happenings after atomic wars and the sun looked like something out of one of those stories today. 



I mean, the colors are spectacular and if it didn't signal something really bad it would be lovely to look at.  However, the air quality indicators tell us that things are not normal.  I live in the purple area just south of San Francisco.


The legend tells us that we are in the "Very Unhealthy" area.


At 4:24 PM today the AQI (Air Quality Index) was 235.  Considering that "Good" is between 0 and 50, I'd say we have a problem.  If it gets up another 15 points we will be in the Hazardous zone.




We could certainly use some rain or snow to put out the fires and clean up the air.  Schools are closing and people are walking around with masks on.  Fortunately we have food in the house and I did my errands today so I can stay home, at least until Sunday when I have a wedding to go to.  Unfortunately the wedding is still in the "Unhealthy" red area to the north of us.

Anybody got some snow they can spare?  Extra gas mask?  Cross your fingers for us.   





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!