Search This Blog

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Janet in January - 2017 Reading Challenge Edition

January 28 -  Finished the book The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom.  It was great.  Makes me want to read more of his work for sure.  I've never read Tuesdays With Morrie so that might have to go on my to read list.  I had planned on using it as my title with a character's name category but after reading it, I think it fits more with a story within a story better.

On to book 4!

Earlier I posted about my love for Sherlock Holmes and my new Tarot Deck inspired by his stories.  At the same time I got that deck, I happened across this book so of course I had to have that too.  It is chuck full of interesting facts and the biography of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle as well as The Great One. 



There are case notes from a few of his cases and it talks about the different characters who have played Mr. Holmes and Dr. Watson, including one of the newest, Benedict Cumberbatch.




It gives a glimpse inside 221B Baker Street and the other areas frequented by Sherlock and Dr. Watson.  I would love to have a room like this in my house! 





This is the description on the back cover.  


This one's gonna cover my book with pictures category.   

I also took the time today to go through the challenge list and my collection of books and picked out 8 books so I am ready to keep going on this challenge for sure!  How about you?  Reading in a challenge this year?  Reading for fun?  Love to hear about interesting books - and ones I should avoid!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!