Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Just Jot January – 2022

Today’s word is “prepare” suggested by Jenny. I might be a little crazy but I am preparing to participate for the 4th time! in the Sketchbook Project. I have three other books in the library at the moment, two of which have been digitalized and one which should be ready to view by the end of March.

The first one was called, “A Smile 4 U From Janet” with the theme of “People I wish I knew.” It contained quotes of people, real and imaginary, that I admire including Stevie Nicks, Alfred Hitchcock, the Kennedys and the Obamas, Agatha Christie and Steve Jobs to name a few. According to the website, that volume has been viewed 1453 times! Not even all by me!

The second one is called “Let The Adventure Begin.” The theme for this was “City Streets.” I dedicated it to my little town of San Bruno because of the explosion that happened when the PG&E pipe burst. It has only been viewed a little over 400 times BUT it was part of the cross country tour that the Sketchbook Project did and so actually came to San Francisco!

The third one hasn’t been uploaded to digital yet because of Covid. The Brooklyn Art Library has a very small staff and with so many participants it takes them a while to scan everyone’s books. I called this one “Just a Thought” and the theme was Thought Box.

The theme choices for Volume 19 are: Piece by Piece, Missed Connections, Tall Tales, Revelations, In Other News, Weight of the World, Drips and Drops, One More Thing, Half-Baked and Comic Book Endings. I am thinking of doing Piece by Piece or Drips and Drops. It is kind of fun to say that I have books in the Brooklyn Art Library but truthfully anyone can do it. Which theme would you pick?



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/01/30/just-jot-january-2022-12/

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Thanks for waiting, dear friend! When Mrs. Shady calls me to help with dinner preps, I need to shut down and run to the kitchen unless I want to dine in the doghouse. :) I just noticed that you pubbed this post on Sunday. I guess I got confused because the title is the same as the previous post.

    I love this Sketchbook Project idea! It plays to your strengths, because you have mastered the art of arranging layouts to catch the eye and generate interest. You included many great quotes, affirmations, and even some inspiring song lyrics. They are words of wisdom, words to live by. I agree with Stevie Nicks and Winston Churchill. If you're going through hell, keep going. It is also important to give yourself the extra nudge that might be needed to get started. Don't let fear hold you back from doing whatever it is you dream of doing. I also enjoyed your book focusing on "City Streets" in your part of California and the third theme book offering more wise words, food for thought and clever sketches.

    Your books are beautiful, and I was happy to see a picture of you wearing your patented Janet smile. I hope the pain of your recent loss is subsiding a bit, and that your days are once again filled with joy and satisfaction, because that is what your mother would have wanted. Allow your spirits to rise again. Be happy and thankful for all the years you had with her, culminating in a wonderful Christmas celebration with all the family.

    Please give Benny a treat for me and enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. I always count it a pleasure whenever you do and of course Mrs. Shady and dinner comes first! Things are calming a bit here and a return to somewhat normal is getting closer and closer. I'll pick up mom's ashes this week and then we'll see. I do enjoy dabbling in the arts through the sketchbook. I want to take it up a notch for this one, although I haven't quite made up my mind how. Your words encourage me. Have a wonderful rest of your week!

      Delete
  2. You have been busy and I love the books. The first one is great showcasing the famous person and their quote. The next is just a really neat idea to showcase your place and the streets. The last made me smile with the funky animals and people. Great looks.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!