Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Just Jot January – 2022

Well folks I’m back in action again. I bit the bullet and paid for the WP upgrade. Now just try and shut me up – LOL.

Linda’s #JusJoJan prompt by way of Wendy is surviving. I’m surviving the loss of my mom as well as can be expected. I am sure that it will still hit me occasionally but having lots of transcription to do and working in the studio has helped a lot. We are also surviving another hit by the covid demon. Thank goodness all of us are vaccinated. Interestingly it hit the one of the four who was not boosted. I don’t know if we will ever figure out the way this thing seems to pick and choose who to hook on to.

So, since I upgraded, I think I can now add videos to my posts! We had a phenomenon yesterday that rarely happens. I live very close to SFO and the planes are always flying overhead OUT of the airport.

Yesterday they were flying IN to SFO. Makes it a little scarier to see them coming down faster and faster.

I mean, that’s the roof of my studio!

Speaking of the studio, I spent some time there yesterday making some new boxes for Valentine’s Day.

I really like the way they turned out and since I didn’t actually say Valentine’s Day in any of the embellishments, they can be used for all kinds of occasions. They are already listed in the Etsy Shop.

I have two more to do today.

Well, I feel better about spending the money to upgrade already. Now we’ll have to see how the videos simulcast on my Blogger site. Hope you all have an excellent rest of your weekend. Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think about the boxes. I’ll be making more for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Birthdays. What other occasion can you think of? I’d love ideas.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/01/23/just-jot-january-2022-10/

8 comments:

  1. Really sorry to hear about the loss of your Mum Janet (just been catching up on your posts) However long or good a person's life has been it's still not easy to deal with their passing. Keeping busy is a good idea and your Valentine /Not Valentine boxes look wonderful. I'm glad your daughter is doing well too. You've had a lot to contend with. The syncing with your wordpress blog seems to be working ok as I'm here on your blogger site and the post came up in my feeds. The pictures of the boxes are much bigger here though than on Wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy! Yes, I've noticed that for some reason the pictures are a lot bigger so I try to catch it shortly after it syncs and reduce them. I really don't know why it happens. Thanks for your kinds words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Janet!

    I still think about your mother several times a day, dear friend. Those pictures of her that you posted, the old ones and the recent one, stuck in my mind. I can tell that she was a wonderful person. I will always be thankful to her for giving birth and life to you, an outstanding citizen of your community, your country and the world. I am sorry to learn that another family member, one who had not yet received the booster, came down with COVID. Mrs. Shady and I live in a conservative community. She and I are in the minority when it comes to wearing masks in public places. Most people around here either stopped wearing masks months ago or never started in the first place. Whenever I walk into a local store or restaurant wearing my mask, I always fear being mistaken for a robber and wrestled to the ground.

    I can report that your blog page looks great, Janet. The videos run smoothly and the pictures are the right size, including the dimensions upon enlargement. In the past, some of your images were so large that they extended off the page. Now everything's looking as it should.

    I told you before how much I love those exploding boxes! They are a terrific gift idea for all sorts of occasions. I could imagine one filled with green four-leaf clovers and Leprechauns for St. Paddy's Day. I can also imagine a series for birthdays with numbers, large and small, corresponding to the age of the child or adult, and another series with numbers and corresponding images to mark wedding anniversaries including: Wooden (5th), Tin (10th), Crystal (15th), China (20th), Silver (25th), Pearl (30th), Ruby (40th), Golden (50th), and Diamond (60th).

    Have a good week ahead, dear friend Janet, if not a great one, and stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Shady, what great ideas! Especially for the anniversaries and their appropriate meanings. I'm writing that down.

    Appreciate your kind words about mom. She was a very special lady and I miss her. She did a lot for us when our kids were little, including giving up her part time job to take care of them when our sitter had a stroke and was unable to continue. She took care of the first two starting when Amanda was 2. Ten years later when the little one came along she said she would take care of her too. That is huge but she also drove me to work when we only had one car and so many other things. I know I could never repay her for that and she never asked for anything. When she got sick and I was driving her to doctor's appointments and grocery shopping she wanted to pay me and I wouldn't let her. I told her that it was my way of paying back all she had done for us.

    I did have to adjust the pictures here. I don't know why they translate so large, even if I make them small on the WP post. Thanks for working through them anyway! Appreciate you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Janet - Thinking of you and glad that you are keeping busy. As usual, your craft work is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I am really enjoying making these boxes.

      Delete
  6. Right now, I miss my mom so much because I am at a loss about what to do with a job since I lost mine (after over 30 yrs) due to restructuring. I don't know if I want to be a credit Counsellor again or be in that field. Truly, I wish i could retire and hearing my mom give me calming but wise words would make me feel better. She has been gone for 4 yrs (Jan 15th) so you will not lose that feeling but it does get easier. I smile now when I reflect on her memories and even laugh. This will happen. Maybe you can make a memory box dedicated to your mom. This would make a great idea for others who have lost loved ones and not just moms but dads, children(that is hard), other family members and pets. I love your boxes that look so inventive and difficult to make.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!