Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2021

JusJoJan – 2021 – Candy

My suggestions for a story were used in today’s finale from Linda in the #JusJoJan (Just Jot January) for 2021. Thanks Linda! I admit I have been very sporadic with my posts this month. Usually I am all over the Just Jot January theme so I don’t exactly know what my problem is. Maybe I’ve been looking at too much eye candy online instead of getting down to business.

I’m not making any promises but my goal for the next month at least is to buckle down on some of my projects. For now, here is a quick look back at 2020 as recorded for my One Second Everyday project. I’ve taken a second (or second and a half) recording of the highlights (or lowlights).

2020 through my eyes

I’m doing it again this year. I must admit that sometimes I forget to take a video so I use a picture and sometimes I am a day or so off but it’s my year and I’ll do what I want to. 2020 started off with my daughter in bandages after having her wisdom teeth pulled on New Year’s Eve 2019. It ends with our belated Christmas on New Year’s Eve 2020. In between are lots of interesting things I see on my walks with Benny and other bits and pieces of the happenings of last year. Enjoy. If you haven’t tried the #1seme experience, it’s a simple app on the phone. I use the free version but you could get a paid one that will give you more creative freedoms.

Now on to February!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/01/31/jusjojan-2021-candy/

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Isn't it amazing to see an entire year flash before your eyes in one second increments? As I watched your year fleeting by, I saw many shots of my buddy Benny, the April A-to-Z band displays, your scrapbooks and crafts, the Jungle coloring book pages, your cactus, pretty blossoms, progress on weight loss, the fires that rendered your air difficult to breathe and cut short your walks with Benny, baseball played in an empty stadium and other grim reminders of what we went through and are still going through with the virus, Halloween decorations, mask wearing even when it's not H-ween, President-elect Biden, The Crown - a series Mrs. Shady and I watch and love, and the uplifting decorations and ornaments associated with Christmas season. This 1 second everyday challenge is a wonderful idea that leaves behind a mini diary in video form. As challenging and difficult as 2020 was, it now seems tame compared to the terrible events that have already transpired in 2021 and the very dangerous times we find ourselves in. I can't shake the feeling that things will continue to get worse before they get better. I hope I'm wrong about that.

    I wish you a safe and healthy week ahead, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shady! I was trying to capture the important happenings of the times but truthfully, after March, there really wasn't more going on except the daily walks and coloring! October and December were indeed dedicated to the neighborhood holiday displays. I'm thinking that in February I'm going to concentrate on heart displays. We'll see. Thanks as always for taking the time to stop by and comment on my little ramblings. Appreciate you!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Janet - Thank you for the January Catchup. I saw Jane Austin in your video compilation. I just finished rereading Wuthering Heights. I absolutely love classic literature (at least much of it)! Wishing you a wonderful February ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I read Pride and Prejudice from that book but not the other ones yet. Wuthering Heights is a great one. I re-read that a few years ago. Happy February to you too!

      Delete
  3. If I was to do that it would be very boring right now lol. I didn't post as much in January as I'd hoped either. Here's to February being better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Wendy, I don't think my year was that spectacular either but it is fun to look back on. I want to try to do more exciting things this year for sure. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!