Search This Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2018

July-Jinks - 2018 - #SLS Un-Break my Heart

Another week gone by!  I've been busy working on card making for my Etsy shop and I've tried something different this time.


It is called a pop up box card and it comes flat but opens to reveal things popping out the top.  


I managed to make 10 new cards.

I've also been commissioned to make an album for a friend.  He was the officiate at a wedding recently and he asked me to make an album using the program from the wedding.  It has been an interesting assignment as our tastes are somewhat different.  He is an architect and thinks in terms of lines and exact measurements and elegant simplicity.  I think in terms of free flowing, smile making, layering and the like.  After several consultations I think I've got what he wants and I'm almost finished.  Here's a little example:






Obviously I blurred the pages a bit to keep it private for the wedding couple but I think you can get the idea.  It has been a bit challenging to keep the embellishments to a minimum but I think that it is a good experience for me to get out of my comfort zone. 

Most of the time I am crafting while the baseball game is on TV but I also love to listen to music and have my iTunes playing in the background.  Right now I have it set to play the songs in alphabetical order.  I find that I get a better mix of artists that way.  Sometimes when I have it on shuffle it selects a few artists and keeps going back and forth between them. 

This brings me to the real reason for this post, it is time for Song Lyric Sunday brought to you by Helen Vahdati and her theme this week is "Break."  My pick for this is Un-Break My Heart by Toni Braxton.  She has a commercial out where she talks about her life and the odds of a woman making it to where she is today and they seem astronomical.  Then she states that she has an autistic child and the odds of that happening to someone is like 1 in 56!

I really like this song and I have to say that although I've been able to sing it with meaning a few times, for the most part I've made it this far in my life without having the sadness she speaks of.  Maybe that's because I never had a boyfriend in high school and have only had two real relationships other than my current husband of 34 years.  I was married once before but it only lasted six months and he cheated on me so I was more pissed off than depressed!

Un-Break My Heart
Don't leave me in all this pain
Don't leave me out in the rain
Come back and bring back my smile
Come and take these tears away
I need your arms to hold me now
The nights are so unkind
Bring back those nights when I held you beside me
Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked out of my life
Un-cry these tears
I cried so many nights
Un-break my heart
My heart
Take back that sad word goodbye
Bring back the joy to my life
Don't leave me here with these tears
Come and kiss this pain away
I can't forget the day you left
Time is so unkind
And life is so cruel without you here beside me
Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked out of my life
Un-cry these tears
I cried so many nights
Un-break my heart
My heart
Don't leave me in all this pain
Don't leave me out in the rain
Bring back the nights when I held you beside me
Un-break my heart
Say you'll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked out of my life
Un-cry these tears
I cried so many nights
Un-break my
Un-break my heart, oh baby
Come back and say you love me
Un-break my heart, sweet darlin'
Without you I just can't go on
Can't go on
Songwriters: Diane Warren
Un-Break My Heart lyrics © Realsongs

Have a listen:





I love the intensity in her voice.  We have not seen her in concert but it might be one worth going to if she comes around.

Hop on over to Helen's site to see/hear the other Song Lyric Sunday participants.  There's some good stuff over there.

Also, check out my Etsy site if you haven't done so before.  Tell me what you think.  I do make special orders if you have an album you want made :)

Have a great Sunday!



IMG_1345



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!