Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2018

March Meandering - 2018 - The Studio Yearbook, Spring Edition and Tell It Collage

Call me crazy but I just can't get enough of this stuff.  I think that one of the reasons I gave my two week notice at Michaels is because I didn't have enough time to do my creative outlets and I was starting to feel frustrated.  (Yes, I have decided that working in retail is not my cup of tea and yes, I am still going to do my A to Z Challenge on Michaels - just in case you were wondering).

I am in the beginning phase of two new projects.  One is called the Studio Yearbook, Spring Edition.  It was developed by Jamie Ridler, a wonderful mentor and creative spirit that I have been following for a while now.  She is the one who taught me about the Full Moon Dreamboards and the Vision Cards so I was really excited when she said she had created a Studio Yearbook.  Unlike a regular calendar, this "yearbook" is seasonal.  The initial offering is the Spring Edition and I was one of the first 100 people to get a paper copy of this really cool tool.  It goes for the months of spring from March 20 to June 20.   

It comes with a blank cover and this is how I decided to decorate it.  I used the First 100 sticker that came on the packaging as the center for the top flower.


Part of the process of the yearbook is to make it your own and that starts with telling about yourself and where you are in this moment.  This is my "You" page. 


The daily pages are filled with spots for documenting life as you experience it during the season.  Each page has the date plus sections for documenting the day, what you want to focus on, your mood, inspiration, creation, insight, gratitude, words for the day, an image from the day and a place to give yourself gold stars.  Everyone deserves gold stars!    


You can fill out as much or as little of each section as you want and as you can see I have some blank spaces there but I can already tell this is going to be a great keepsake.  I am realistic enough to know that I am not going to be able to fill in every section every day but it is making me stop and think about things and notice what is going on in my day.  As we get further along, there are pages for the Full Moon and pages for you to write out 12 areas you want to focus on specifically.  There is also a monthly spread for each of the months so you can use that as a calendar if you want.    

Unfortunately there are no more printed copies of the Studio Yearbook but there is a digital format and you can get one and have it printed yourself.  It's not too late to start for spring.  I know I am going to try to be one of the first 100 again to get the next version for the summer.  
 
The second project I have is from the same wonderful woman who directed us in Tell It Color, Liz Lamoreux.  This one is called Tell It Collage.  Each day for the next 21 days I'll be getting a message from Liz with prompts and ideas for collages to dig deep into the person I am or want to be.

Here is my first page, the intention.  This picture is a larger version of the one I used in the yearbook.


The next step was to build some foundation pages (pages with pictures or backgrounds and colors) and then to take another page and write out words to describe who I am, how I feel, what I love, etc.  This is what I came up with.


Day 3 was to take one of the foundation pages and add to it with the prompt "I am," using some of the words from day 2.  I had the picture on the left and the blue background as my foundation page and then I added the rest of the embellishments.  Day in, day out be powered by dreams!  


Registration will be open throughout the course so there is still time to do this one too if you like.

While these specific practices aren't going to make me any money per say, I am practicing new techniques and gaining insights and I think that will translate to more production with my cards and such.  The more you work with the ideas of your dreams, the easier they are to bring to life.  Plus, I am connecting with a great bunch of people who are very supportive of the craftiness of life and that is always helpful. 

We still have about a week left for me to meander in March, getting ready for the big A to Z in April.  What are you working on this month?  Share!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!