Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

March Meandering - 2018 - Reading Challenge Edition

I've finished the book Intrusions by Ursula Hegi.  That means I've finished 5 books so far and I am right on track with my goal for the year, yay.  

Intrusions is an interesting book written to show how hard it can be being a wife and mother who is also a writer.  She intertwines her personal life with the life of her characters and sometimes it is hard to tell who is speaking.  I can totally understand the conflict about feeling that you are neglecting your family but at the same time, when the ideas flow, you have to go with them.  It completed my category of a book about feminism.  



Now I am on to the story of the Dallas Cowboys in their Glory Days of Troy Aikman, Emmett Smith, Michael Irvin and company.  While I am not a football fan by any means, the Cowboys are my husband's favorite team (a thing that is sometimes hard to be living in 49-er territory).  I love their uniforms and they have had some pretty cute quarterbacks!  


It starts out with Michael Irvin stabbing one of his fellow teammates in the neck with a pair of scissors so it definitely is not about football alone!  I'm using it to fill my category of a book about sports.  

How are you doing with your reading this year?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!