Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Suddenly September - 2016

September 2 --

The prompt for today in the Blog-tember challenges is to share your current goals.  Each year at the beginning of the year I make vision cards to help me focus on the year's goals.  The areas I focused on this year were our house, our finances, travel, my craft business and my health.  In June I went through them to see how well I have progressed.  That post is here.

In the final four months of the year I want to pick up on some of the things that have not gotten as much attention as others.


Home

In our home, we have done quite a bit to the outside but not so much on the inside.  My goal is to do some deep cleaning.  I just cleaned out my drawers of some old clothes that I no longer wear and when we got our new bed, I did a good cleaning of that room, but there are still a few spots that need some organizing.  I have two bathrooms and the kitchen and living room that need to be gone through as well.



Finances


With our finances, I need to do some advance planning for our taxes this year.  My husband just retired and has gotten on Social Security disability and is now also getting his union pension.  I need to see how that will affect what we need to pay.  Our taxes are always tricky since I work from home.  I'd like to be able to pay down some credit cards as well.  Takes some creative juggling sometimes.




Travel




I think we've done a good amount of traveling this year, but I'm going to keep that one for next year too.  There are some places close to home that we can see.




Craft Business





In my craft work, I just finished a class about running an online business.  I'd like to be able to expand in that area because my transcription work is ever changing and I'd rather not have to go out in the "real world" to work if I don't have to.  I am also participating in another vendor fair this month.






My health

Most important, though, is my health.  I tend to let things get away from me, especially if I am dealing with my husband and his problems.  We just went through another pretty big surgery with him having to have a stent placed in his left leg.  I know what to do and how to do it, I just need to focus on me.  He is going to be out of town for a little over two weeks and I'm going to use that time to get back to me.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up once he returns.

So, goals in a nutshell:  Clean the inside of the house, figure out our financial situation, work on selling crafts and getting my website organized and start on a healthy eating/exercise program.  I can do it!

What are your current goals?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!