Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2021

May You Smile All Month

I really have to do some better planning next year because since I concentrate so much time in March and April working on the A to Z I miss out on the Mother’s Day opportunity to showcase my cards and albums. Seriously, that’s like candy makers missing Valentine’s Day!

In the last post I showed you my studio. Today I’m going to show my latest card making endeavors. It’s a new process for me called “waterfall” cards.

They came out really well I thought. You just pull the tab down and the sentiment flips up. I even made a short “how-to” video for YouTube.

I made another set using a different product from Eyelet Outlet. This is a mix of Father’s Day and birthday and has a tool time theme.

The first set is already up on the website and the second set will be added today. The Giants are on at 3 and I plan on spending the time watching the game and working in the studio. I love that combo!

I’m thinking about doing some live stream type shows on YouTube. My son thinks I should start a Twitch channel and do a “Saturday in the Studio” program. Anybody on Twitch? Would you watch and/or craft along with me if I was live?



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/05/15/may-you-smile-all-month-3/

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Thanks for showing this fascinating type of greeting card, dear friend! I never saw anything quite like those cascading waterfall cards. I watched your video and marveled at the ingenuity involved in designing the mechanism. I agree that tall cards are required to adequately display the vertical focals and manifest the waterfall effect. Your cards are handsome and have a nostalgic retro flair. The recipient of this type of greeting will surely conclude in an instant that it is "a keeper."

    I think people who are into crafting as much as you are would enjoy watching a regular video show of yours on YouTube, Twitch or other platform.

    Thanks for visiting me today and enjoy the rest of your weekend, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shady! I am having fun creating these new type of cards but I think I just have fun creating period, my reasoning behind sharing it all on film. I hope that comes through in the video. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. G4eat looking cards! I have never attempted a waterfall card but you made it look easy. I can see myself screwing it up though. Your cards a fun and I bet the people you send it to will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgit. I was a little intimidated at first too but it is easy once you get the hang of it.

      Delete
  3. Those cards look amazing. You're so creative.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!