Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2021

A to Z 2021 – Reflection

Welcome to my A to Z Challenge Reflection post. It was certainly a fun one for me as I traveled through San Francisco, a city I have known and lived within a few miles of my entire life but had never seen as up close and personal as I did during the last month. I was able to visit some old favorite spots but also found some really new (to me) interesting places to go back to sometime. It’s funny because I usually go through the A to Z with pen and paper in hand ready to jot down those books and movies I read about in other blogger’s posts but this year I had to keep a list of places I wanted to revisit from my own blog!

In case you missed any, here is a list of the places we saw.

Enough about my topic though, let me introduce you to some other folks who did a wonderful job with their A to Z themes:

Crackerberries (Barbie) wrote Love letters to herself, but they were certainly words that we could all use.

J. Lenni Dorner, in addition to being one of the Challenge coordinators, highlighted his favorite bloggers and gave us some tips on new books to read. I was honored to be his letter “J.!” And I’ve said it before, it was one of his comments that gave me the idea for my theme this year, along with the coloring books I got from the San Francisco Chronicle.

John (also a co-host) gave us music using the call letters of radio stations and Mary at Jingle Jangle Jungle gave us music from the 80’s. It was great to open one of their blogs first and then listen to the music as I read the rest of the folks.

Frederique gave us some great DIY ideas. There are a couple I’d love to try and Weekends In Maine (Karen) also shared some crafty projects.

Trudy at Reel Focus gives us some movies that represent human needs. Added lots to my movies to watch list.

Mike gave us reptiles. Some were really interesting, although I’m not really a fan of snakes! Turtles aren’t so bad.

Jill gave us the idiom of the day, Cathy drew us Looney Tunes and “T” told us what she is looking forward to being able to do again once the pandemic is over.

We can’t forget to thank the founder of the A to Z, Mr. Arlee Bird who told us all about rivers.

I didn’t get to visit as many new bloggers as I wanted to because it was hard enough to keep up with my own and visit the folks I already knew. Thank goodness for the Road Trip and the Master list so I can go back and visit now that the rush is over.

Thanks again to all who visited my blog and left such kind words for me. I’m going to have to think really hard to come up with next year’s A to Z!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/05/03/a-to-z-2021-reflection/

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour inside SF, I missed some of your posts, I need to come back! And thanks for the mention ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Janet!

    I enjoyed reading your Reflections post, dear friend. It occurred to me that, as we proceeded through the alphabet, you learned about San Francisco right along with me. It was an education for both of us as well as a bonding experience. Congratulations again, dear friend, on doing such a fine job of covering the attractions, sculpture, statues, art, architecture, parks, scenic wonders and quirky sights around the greater San Francisco area from A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend! I'm glad you enjoyed the virtual trip with me. It was a pleasure to read your comments as well!

      Delete
  3. You're welcome. (It's still J Lenni -- no e on the tribe name 😉 )
    You had a tiger... but not until Z day! It's okay, I finally found one for the scavenger hunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry! I don't know why I want to put an E at the end! Thanks so much for all your hard work with the challenge.

      Delete
  4. If I ever get to San Francisco I'll be coming back to your list for ideas of what to see and do! Great posts Janet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! That is a great compliment.

      Delete
  5. I fell so far behind in April, I am just now getting around to visiting reflection posts. Thank you for mentioning my blog! I posted a new movie review today, and I hope to be more consistent about posting reviews throughout the year.

    By the way, I can't recall if I already mentioned this, but I told my husband the next time we go to SF, we ought to contact you and arrange to meet up with you and your husband in the city, perhaps at your favorite park or diner. I hope the hearts are still around, and I plan to do a lot of the stairs you shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudy! Don't feel bad about not getting around, it's a constant theme with all of us! I am going on the road trip but need to organize my time - Ha! Would love to try and meet should you make it out this way.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!