Search This Blog

Thursday, November 5, 2020

Nifty November 2020

So stressful right now with the election results taking FOREVER. Honestly, I’m a bit disappointed in our country. In my opinion it should not have been this close. I guess I am naive to think that we all should embrace empathy, dignity, compassion and honesty as our core values.

To help me concentrate on something else, I thought I’d start November off with some nifty little things going on around here. I’ll begin with my entries into the Escapist Coloring Club for this month. While we weren’t able to see our Giants play in the World Series, it did hold our interest so that we could root against the dreaded Dodgers. Sadly, even our bad mojo could not keep them from winning, although again, IMHO, the whole baseball season this year needs to have an asterisk behind it. At any rate, it afforded me the opportunity to do a lot of coloring.

All of these are from the “Magical Jungle” coloring book I got for Christmas last year. In fact, I’m almost done with the whole thing!

Also nifty, I think, is the fact that I could use one of the pages I colored as the background for my bank credit card. What do you think?

Hopefully your November will be Nifty too!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2020/11/05/nifty-november-2020/

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I hope your smiles will get bigger in the hours and days to come, dear friend. Regarding your first paragraph, you know by now that you are preaching to the choir with me. I am scratching my head trying to figure out how Trump could have received even a single vote in this election, let alone the votes of almost half of the electorate. The difference in temperament between the two candidates is vast. One is a gentleman who seeks to unite the country. The other is a bully who comes across like a gangland mafia boss, constantly stirring up trouble and trying to keep us divided. On top of that he has no sense of fair play, will do anything to win and is a very poor loser. It is deeply disturbing that so many people are willing to have that kind of person representing them and our country on the world stage. (End of my sermon.)

    I always love to look at your coloring projects, Janet. These latest selections from your Magical Jungle book are excellent. The strikingly beautiful tropical birds remind me of the Mexican double-yellow-headed parrot our family had as a pet in the 60s. His name was Andy. The flowers are gorgeous and the cat looks like he's ready to pounce if approached and provoked. It's very cool that you were able to use the final composition, another set of birds, as the background for your bank card.

    Once again, I hope we will soon be able to relax, breathe easier and start putting the stress and chaos of the last four years behind us.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Janet, and have a nifty November as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by my friend. I have been listening to a wonderful historian on Facebook (yes, I know but sometimes there are actually good things to be found there) whose name is Heather Cox Richardson. She is so very informative and calming. She assures that there is really no basis for the lawsuits and that even though there were so many ill-advised voters, there were a huge amount of people who came out to vote for truth and unity. Now I am going to go work in the studio for a while, my sanctuary. Keeping fingers crossed. Have a wonderful rest of your week.

      Delete
  2. Nifty coloring Janet, and I love your VISA card - how fun. I think a lot of us are hanging out in our studios right now trying to maintain our sanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! Thank goodness for the studio, right?

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!