Search This Blog

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Nifty November – 2020 #SoCS

Lovely Linda gives us “jour” for our Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt. I was going to talk about my planner for next year so that works perfectly since my planner is actually part JOURnal as well.

I don’t know about you but planners are very personal for me. It took me a long time to find one I really liked and thanks to a post a few years ago by LA at Waking up on the wrong side of 50, I was introduced to Plum Paper. This company lets you design your own planner!

To start, Plum Paper offers many choices for covers. This is mine for 2020.

My daughter gave me the owl sticker and it matched perfectly
I like to put a picture or a quote on the monthly divider.
Each month starts with a goals page
There is a blank page next to the goals section and I added a “Currently” sheet with some washi tape and underneath I recap what happened in the month.
The monthly spread has lots of room to write, even though this year there hasn’t been much going on.
You can pick your own title headings for the daily pages. This year I used Top Three, And Then, Quick Quotes, Today, Doodle-E-Do and Snapshot.
At the end of the month there are either one or two pages depending on how long the month is. On one I put a picture of the full moon for the month and a selfie 🙂
On the other I use a reflections page.
This is my cover for 2021. I am in love with it. It was a special one for October and a portion of the proceeds for using it went to breast cancer.
For the daily sections next year I changed a couple. Instead of Quick Quote I used Around the House because I am going to eliminate the household planner I usually use, for the doodle section I chose Inspiration Station and for the snapshot at the bottom I went with Oh My Word to help me incorporate my word for the year.

If you don’t need a daily planner, they do make a weekly one and also an academic planner style. You can choose which month you want to start with. I’m a January to December girl. I am hopeful now that we have a new President, the virus will be better controlled and there will be lots of things to do to fill up my planner du jour next year!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2020/11/07/nifty-november-2020-socs/

2 comments:

  1. I also use a planner/journal that helps keep me organised. It doesn't have many exciting things in it this year apart from the Grandkids that have arrived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Wendy. Usually mine would be filled with concerts and baseball games but this year it's mostly motivational quotes to help keep me sane!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!