Search This Blog

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Must Be May - 2019 - Stream of Consciousness Saturday - Let's Roam

Quite unexpectedly the other day I got an email from a representative of "Let's Roam."  I had not heard that name before but the message said that since I had previously requested to be an affiliate, they were offering me the opportunity to join them now.  Upon researching, I found out that "Let's Roam" is the new name for "Big City Hunts." 

Indeed, I had requested to be an affiliate of "Big City Hunts" a couple of years ago after my husband and I had such a good time on the Reno Hunt we accomplished.  I had never heard back from them so I forgot about it.  Apparently, they've been undergoing some changes and now they are "Let's Roam."  Their Mission Statement is to "focus on connection through exploration, creating new ways for people to see the world, create memorable experiences and meet new people.  Our mission is to reimagine the way people explore and connect."  I like that mission!

Of course I said that I would definitely like to participate and I sent the link to the blog post I had written about our Reno experience.  I was excited to get the response back from them stating that I could be an affiliate!



"Let's Roam" is a treasure hunt experience leading you, through an app on your phone, around your chosen city with a series of hints and clues from point to point.  There are trivia questions and you really need to take a look at your surroundings to get the answer which leads you to your next spot.  Picture taking is a part of the fun as well and you earn points for solving the riddles.  You can choose to "role" play by being the "Photographer," "Braniac," or "Explorer" or you can just be tourists as my husband and I did.  There are no tour guides, reservations or time constraints, you can move along at your own pace. 


There are currently over 350 different cities in the program over four continents!  There are programs for large groups and corporate events to help with team building and there are also hunts for special occasions like birthdays, bachelor/ette parties and date night!  It is a great way to introduce the kids to new places as well.  In fact, one of the long-term plans of the company is to "launch a non-profit that helps children get out and explore the world."   The tickets are reasonably priced and once you purchase, they are good for two years.  They make great gifts too.

This is one of the spots we were taken to when we went on our scavenger hunt. 


Since "Believe" happened to be my "Word of the Year" it was especially moving for me.  




There were even some things that we found that were not part of the hunt, but we probably wouldn't have noticed them if we hadn't been looking more closely at our surroundings. 





     

Obviously the fact that I am an affiliate means that I would get some compensation for anyone who books a "Let's Roam" trip using my link but I really believe that the experience will be a great one.  If you decide to go on a Scavenger Hunt, I'd love to hear about it. 

Also, I am developing a mini-album to go along with the hunt that will be available in my Etsy shop.  If you want to have your pictures put in an album to commemorate the experience, I'll be happy to work with you on one.  There may even be a special discount!  Just send me a message with your details.   

Technically this was not a true "Stream of Consciousness Saturday" post because I didn't really just let my mind wander but I did start the post with an adverb, which was the prompt from Linda for today.  Have a terrific Saturday all.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!