Search This Blog

Friday, July 10, 2020

Jumping Through July – Vision Card Update

In December I made my vision cards to help me navigate through this year.  I keep them in my planner and really don’t look at them much until around June when I take them out to make notes on the back about the progress (or lack of) that I’ve made in each category.  Let’s take a look:

F446ED5C-5055-4F68-86AB-9A9FF22BD182

My Craft Work:  I have not been as active in the studio this year as I’d like to be.  I have put up a YouTube video about some cards that I made and I have gotten a couple of Etsy sales but given the fact that I have some extra time thanks to COVID, there are a lot of things I could have done to promote more on platforms like Instagram and Facebook.  I have some e-courses to go through to help me with that so that’s going to be my focus for the next few months.  I am afraid that we won’t have any holiday boutiques this year and that’s where I’ve made some pretty good sales in the past few years.

 

 

F8D468A3-9242-4FED-922B-1AAF8887A60C

Experiences:  Well, as we all know most of the country has been in Shelter-in-Place mode since March.  Our area is no different.  Even the beaches have been closed until just recently so I’ve not gone anywhere except the grocery store and to take our son to work.  What I have been doing though is noticing different things around the neighborhood as I walk Benny twice a day.  I’ve seen several changes in the houses in our neighborhood as people paint or work in their gardens.  I’ve taken some pictures and used them in my One Second Everyday video.  We still have some time left this year so maybe I’ll get a chance to get to the beach again.

 

A652B89E-CD84-411E-B6F5-AE876438080E

The house:  So far we have done a great job of clearing out the backyard.  It was full of weeds at the start of the year but using some weedkiller has helped and it is now back to ground zero status.  We plan to get some artificial grass and pen off an area so that Benny can go out there and our daughter wants to plant a garden in a plantar box so that’s the next step.  I may get my fire pit after all!

 

 

 

 

99898396-629F-40A4-A255-66D0EAB16B85

 

Relationships:  Obviously there has been no gathering of friends lately.  The last event I went to was a Super Bowl party in the beginning of February!  I have been Facetiming with my sister and my niece, at least a monthly email check-in with a girlfriend and talking to my mom on the phone at least once a week is keeping me going right now.  I did do a Zoom crafting get together which was fun.  Maybe I’ll try another one of those.

 

 

60FF6956-58B0-4222-A3E9-D13D75A3B314

 

Finances:  Interestingly, the year started off with a huge change in my transcription business.  At first I was in a panic because I was not getting much work, then things picked up but in March it came to a crashing halt again.  I had been mainly a medical transcriptionist but I had the opportunity to take over some other kinds of typing and now I do Zoom meetings and interviews.  It is still slow going and thankfully I’ve been able to collect unemployment, something that is usually not available to the self-employed.  I actually have been able to pay off some credit cards and add to our savings.  Hopefully things in this area will pick up again too.

30F6B4A3-EFE2-4039-832D-97B66CD9CD04

 

Health and Wellness:  Unfortunately I’ve been at a standstill so far with the weight loss progress.  I have lost a total of 75 pounds to this point but I have another 20 to go.  I know I need to increase the exercise and I have to recalculate the “numbers” so I know what my caloric/carb intake should be to allow for that weight loss.  In my mind, I am determined to get to goal this year.

 

 

 

While COVID has changed the course of lots of things this year, I still feel comfortable with progress I’ve been able to make to this point and I have some clear intentions for the next six months.  How about you?  Did you make vision cards this year?



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2020/07/10/jumping-through-july-vision-card-update/

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you’re doing ok to me considering the circumstances we’re in. I have a 20 in 20 list that has mostly been sabotaged by COVID but we’re well and that’s the main thing right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Wendy, thankfully we are all healthy too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Janet!

    You and Wendy took the words right out of my mouth, or out of my fingers in this case. COVID changed everybody's best laid plans for 2020. Little did you know when you created those vision cards how many big changes were in store in the coming year, changes that would make it difficult or dangerous to meet all of your goals. I watched your card making video and the one second a day montage. I enjoyed them. In particular, the shot on May 16 of the columnar cactus in magnificent bloom caught my eye. The one sec a day challenge reminds us how quickly the days pass as do the years. I admire you for making it okay that you did not and might not accomplish everything you set out to do in 2020 and for being resourceful in using zooms, facetimes and other ways to work around the shelter in place restrictions and continue to make progress on several fronts. The additional weight loss will be especially difficult I believe because many people are gaining weight as they hunker down for months on end.

    I wish you, your hubby, Benny and daughters a safe and happy weekend, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi buddy. I am having fun with that one second a day project. I look forward to the end of the year when I get to see 366 seconds of 2020 (it was a leap year). I'm thinking of doing a themed month perhaps.

      One of the reasons I make the vision cards rather than New Years Resolutions is because it gives me a bit of leeway and if I don't get EVERYTHING done that I wanted, at least I can get SOME things done. Have a wonderful weekend dear Shady. Hello to your family as well.

      Delete
  3. You seem to be pretty industrious in these lock down times. I've done not much of anything. We were going to put in artificial grass in our small front yard but now my gardener is offering to install real grass at a way cheaper price so we might end up doing that. We need to watch our money because our neighbor wants to replace our common fence with a wall. Needs done, but it's another expense and if we do one side we'll probably do the other side with our other neighbor. Always something to spend money on when you own a home.

    Keep up the productivity!

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Arlee, chipping away a little at a time. We were thinking of doing the artificial grass in our backyard so that our dog will have a place to run around and we won't have to worry about him running out in the street. We don't want to have to mow. I hear you about the house thing. The dryer is giving us fits now. Have a great day.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!