Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2020

It’s Actually August

It’s hard to believe (but not really) that a month has passed since I last posted anything.  I have been visiting others and leaving comments, but it seems I really have had nothing much to say on my own.  Thanks to Erica/Erika for letting me know that she hadn’t seen me around.  That gave me the kick to write again.

So what exactly have I been doing in the last month?  I have been watching the SF Giants play.  It is a difficult year for our team.  In addition to the COVID delay and precautions, we have a new manager and our pitching staff is questionable.  Our catcher, Buster Posey, decided to sit out this year because he and his wife adopted newborn twins and he doesn’t want to risk exposure to them.  I wholeheartedly agree with that decision.  Truth be told, I think they probably should have just given this season a pass anyway.  I do think from watching the games so far that we have the best fans in the stands cutouts.  Our stadium almost looks full and most of them are actual fan photos.  The Colorado Rockies put cutouts of only their players in the seats.  Lame.

I’ve been doing some coloring while I watch the games.  These can serve as my entries into the Escapist Coloring Club for this month.  They are all from the Magical Jungle coloring book that I got for Christmas from my son.

I’ve seen lots of interesting uses of the mask.

And we had a bumper crop of peaches from our tree.  I think I’m going to try to make a peach pie, although I’m pretty sure that is not going to be a keto friendly dish.  Oh well, you only live once, right?

So that’s been what’s up with me.  I’ve done a little typing and made a few cards for the Etsy site but truthfully, I haven’t even been crafting that much.

 

Hope everyone is staying as safe as possible out there.  Hopefully I’ll get back into the swing of blogging on a regular again.

 

 



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2020/08/13/its-actually-august/

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    It's nice to see a new post from you, dearie. I have been wondering about the impact of the virus on major league sports. Seems every city and every team has their own concept of how to handle the situation. I'm glad you are enjoying watching your Frisco Giants even though they are having a struggle this season. That Magical Jungle adult coloring book was a wonderful present from your son. I love seeing the colorful works of art that result from your efforts, especially the depictions of animals. I appreciate that whimsical topiary. There's no reason why we can't smile and laugh in the midst of our dilemma. I applaud you on your yield of fresh peaches. You must be doing something right in the way of fertilizing and watering that tree and keeping it free of pests. The cards on display in your Etsy shop are beautiful. There's no shame in letting some time slide by as we endure the dog days of summer and await a change of status in the pandemic which will allow us to resume our normal lives. I hope that happens sooner rather than later.

    Take care of yourself, give Benny a pat for me and come see me again soon, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my friend. I appreciate your visits. I have to give credit to my husband and son for the peaches. All I really did was pick them when they were ready! They watered and fed. We are lucky they only have a few ants on them, no other bugs. Have a great rest of your week.

      Delete
  2. Good to see you here. It's certainly a strange time and I've found it very demotivating. But we are also trying to move house and that has been complicated by the whole Covid thing. Trying to stay positive is tiring! Keep well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Demotivating! That's the word. I've started to make lists again in my planner so maybe that will help move me in the right direction again. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!