Search This Blog

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Jumping through July – 2020

It’s the 4th already.  We will be shooting off some safe and sane fireworks in front of our house tonight and while we have invited another family to join us, and a neighbor or two may be out there also, I’ve told everyone we are staying outside, social distancing and wearing masks.  I’m not taking any chances at this point.

 

fullsizeoutput_28ce

 

I have been going through my WordPress blog posts and deleting the duplicates.  I could have just tossed up my hands and started all over but I like a challenge.  I am up to June of 2018 and it is going pretty well.  Most of the time there are only 10 or 15 posts in the month so I don’t have that many to go through and I figured out how to toss just the duplicates and not the ones I want to keep so it is going pretty fast.  October of 2018 is going to take a while though because it shows I have 62 posts!  I must have been doing some sort of challenge because I did actually write 30 posts.  Whatever could I have been going on about?

Short one today.  Thanks to Linda for the #SoCS prompt of “Toss.”  Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe 4th of July.

 



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2020/07/04/jumping-through-july-2020/

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Happy 4th to you and your hubby and Benny, dear friend! Seems like you have a safe and sane celebration planned. In our neighborhood the firecrackers have been cracking for the last several days. I imagine it will take until the wee hours of tomorrow before the noise stops and we can get some sleep. In recent years there have also been troubling instances of people being injured and nearly killed by "celebratory gunfire" on the 4th, on New Year's Eve and on other holidays. A few years ago here in the Greater Tampa Bay area, a bullet dropped from the sky and penetrated the skull of a little boy. Fortunately he recovered.

    There's no time like quaran-time to get those pesky tasks done that you've been putting off. You will feel great satisfaction when you finish removing those duplicate posts. There must have been some kind of hop in October 2018, but I can't think of what it could be.

    Have a safe and happy afternoon and evening, enjoy the rest of your weekend, and thank you again, a million-billion, for your friendship, dear Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Shady,

      Fortunately we don't have celebratory gunfire but the illegal fireworks have been going off for a week now. Ours is the only town for miles around that allows the "Safe and Sane" type and every year they threaten to stop allowing sales but every year the local school and sports groups fight because it is a source of fundraising revenue for them. I'm about to take Benny for his walk before it really starts going. It didn't seem to bother him too much last year but you never know.

      Truthfully I'd rather have some transcription work to do rather than time to clean up my WordPress but at least I am feeling productive.

      Have a great rest of your weekend, my friend. Thanks again for stopping by. I love your visits!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!