Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2020

June Journeys – 2020 – The Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award

Well I’m going to try another test here.  I switched my simulcast so that it goes from WordPress to Blogger instead of the other way around.  If things go right, this post will still be on both sites.

My new friend, Becky at Strikeouts + Sprinkles has nominated me for the Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award.   Thanks Becky, I am honored.  I started following Becky because of our shared interest in baseball, although to be honest I don’t even remember how I came across her blog.  Perhaps she commented on someone else’s site.  You know how that goes.

In any event, Becky has given me the following questions to answer:

If you could play a scene in a movie, what would it be and which character would you play?

Maybe Debra Winger when Richard Gere comes and sweeps her off her feet in Officer and a Gentleman.  Or Jo from Little Women when she gets her first story published.

What did you want to be when you grew up?

A nurse.  From as early as I can remember, that’s what I wanted to do.  I didn’t make it to actual RN status but I did become a medical assistant and was able to work in a doctor’s office giving injections, taking blood pressures, doing EKGs and things like that.  I did that for about 5 years and then became an office manager for the doctors and that’s what I did for the rest of the 25 years I worked in the office.

How would people describe you?

I would hope they would describe me as friendly, kind, creative, trustworthy and dedicated.

What is your spirit animal?

The wise old owl.    IMG_6952.JPG

What is your most treasured possession?

I was going to say the kids, but I don’t own them.  My studio would be my treasured possession.  I love going in there to work on my crafts.

IMG_6648.JPG

What is your go-to ice cream order?

Mint chocolate chip with hot fudge sauce!

 

Well there you have it.  I’m not one for nominating people for awards so let me just say that you should definitely visit Becky’s blog and if you’d like to answer the questions, I’d love to hear what you have to say in the comments.  Cross your fingers that this works the way it’s supposed to!  Have a spectacular Monday all.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2020/06/15/june-journeys-2020-the-vincent-ehindero-blogger-award/

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Yessum, your post showed up AOK here on Blogger. All pictures are intact and the link to Vincent's works just fine. If my comment goes through, we're good to go.

    Congratulations on receiving a blogging award, dear friend! I enjoyed reading your answers to the questions. If you were Debra Winger in that scene from An Officer And A Gentleman, you might be feeling tense, your skin might even be crawling, because I read that she and Richard didn't like each other very much. :) You'd never guess there was friction between them judging from their on-screen chemistry and passion. I admire you for having worked all those years in the medical field. Mrs. Shady is a Nurse Practitioner hospitalist. We have a wise old owl in the woods outside our house. He hoots nightly, sometimes making an eerie excited sound that I'm sure you have heard. I think it means he has caught some prey or was suddenly joined on a branch by a lady friend.

    Congratulation once again on this honor, dear friend Janet. "Friendly, kind, creative, trustworthy and dedicated" is exactly how I would describe you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my friend for putting my blog through the test! I am happy to see that the photos came out okay and the links work. Even the formatting is the same as on the WordPress site, which wasn't always the case the other way around. I read that there was tension between Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Gray in Dirty Dancing too. Guess that's why they call it acting, huh? Have a great rest of the week Shady.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!