Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

June Journeys - 2020 - Five things

Hello all!  Thought I'd pop in and share what I've been doing lately.  A fair amount of transcription work has come my way, thankfully, and that is keeping me pretty busy.  

I've been watching what's going on in the world and I have no words.  I said the other day that it feels like I am in some futuristic novel between the coronavirus and the protests.  I never considered myself privileged but I am learning that it doesn't always mean that you have a lot of money.  I've been reading things that shock me and make me mad.  I'm praying that some good will come out of all of this and extremely hopeful that a big change will come in our country this November.  But I can't dwell on these things.  All I can do is do what I can in my little part of the world and listen and try to learn.  

I did get my One Second Every Day in.  That's where you take a one second video of something every day.  Here is my month of May:



I've also been taking a class with Liz Lamoreux called Here:  Five Things.  She gives us a prompt every day this month.  So far:



Five Things outside my window




Five Recipes that bring me comfort.



Five favorite movie/book/TV characters



Five ways I'm taking care of myself.



Five albums to take on a road trip



Five dreams I want to make a reality



Five things I love about where I live



Five things I noticed about today



Five memories that comfort me

Some days I really have to think hard about it to find five things.  Other days I have so many I have to add an honorable mention or two.  Liz is going to be giving us themes all month so click on the link above if you want to join in.  I've taken a few of her e-courses before and always learn something new about myself.     

Okay, that's it for me for now.  I'd love to hear your answers to any or all of the prompts above.  Be careful out there and stay healthy! 


4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I ran through your neat video several times to glimpse the highlights of the month in one second bits. May I assume that you and your hubby are watching the James Franco limited series 11.22.63? Mrs. Shady and I loved it. I always enjoy watching TV series and films that are set in the 50s or 60s and depict the period accurately. In your video, I also noticed proof of your dramatic weight loss, saw my buddy Benny and a pic representing your wedding anniversary. Yesterday Mrs. S and I celebrated our 25th. We ordered food delivered from our favorite restaurant Carrabba's. I also noticed your handsome columnar cacti. As I might have told you, I once had a collection of containerized cacti and succulents that numbered 125. I also appreciated the glimpses of the eye-popping artwork in your adult coloring books.

    I enjoyed the entries in your Five Things prompt. I too have a stray cat outside my window, a black kitty I feed every day. Mrs. Shady is a big fan of British mystery TV programs and has watched all of the characters you mentioned. We also loved Peter Falk's Columbo. I certainly agree that music is medicine. I keep a song playing in my noggin at all times. I spotted a drawing depicting you walking Benny. Did you do the illustration on these Five Things boards? If so, you're quite an artist! I'm glad you are enjoying two walks a day with Benny, seeing a thinner shadow and feeling more hopeful.

    Let us hope for that big change in November. Heaven help us if our nation must endure four more years of this madness.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend! I must confess that those drawings are actually stamps. I just color them in. Also, the cacti are in a neighbor's yard but I would like to do something like that in our yard as I hate gardening. 125! That's impressive. Were they all different types? The 11.22.63 is the book I read but I did see that there was a series on Hulu so I'm going to look for it because I loved the book.

      Congrats on your anniversary if I didn't say it on your blog. I think it is a great accomplishment to have a lasting marriage. It is not always easy and a lot of people don't try very hard I think - although I was married once before but it only lasted six months. My husband was married twice before me, but neither one of those lasted a year. Once we hit the year mark I figured we had it made - LOL.

      Thanks again for stopping by good buddy!

      Delete
    2. Hi again, Janet!

      To answer your question, beginning in the late 80s I collected many different species of cacti and succulents including columnar varieties like your neighbor has, globular including a large Golden Barrel, Prickly Pear (with the edible pads) and many branching and trailing succulents.

      Thanks you for expressing congratulations on our 25th anniversary. This is Mrs. Shady's second marriage as well as mine. After dinner we decided to watch (for the 3rd or 4th time) the 1991 remake of Cape Fear starring Robert De Niro, Nick Nolte and Jessica Lange. The film was added to the Netflix lineup for June.

      Have a great day, dear friend Janet!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!