Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2020

June Journeys - 2020 Stream of Consciousness Saturday - Nail

I thought I had this blogging stuff nailed when I took John's advice and used IFTTT (If This Then That) to simulcast my blog posts from Blogger to WordPress.  Things seemed to be working so well until the other day when I wrote a post on Blogger as usual and then checked WordPress to make sure it was there.  

It wasn't so I checked IFTTT to see if the applet was running properly.  It said it was but I accidentally turned it off and then turned it back on again.  Back on WordPress, there was still no post from June 10.  However, there was a notice that said I had reached my maximum storage and it shows that I have almost 2000 posts.  

I didn't catch on right away but then when I looked closer I realized that IFTTT had resent ALL the posts from Blogger to WP going back to 2015!!  Looking at the number of posts for each month showed me that November 2016 for example had 79 posts!  Even during the A to Z my max number of posts is one a day and not even the whole 30 days!  That means that some of those posts have triplicates!

It is going to be an exhausting task to try and fix this.  As if that's not bad enough, on Blogger I notice that a lot of my pictures are not showing up in some posts.  Can't figure that one out either because that same picture will show up in a different post.  I'd say I'm tearing my nails off but I've never been one to do that.  I like my nails. 

At this point I'm wondering if I should just nail the barn door shut and start all over again.  (Using the #SoCS prompt of "nail" from the lovely Linda.

Anybody ever have this problem?  Got any quick fixes?  Would you come find me if I started all over?  I'm using this as a test post in a way.  If it doesn't convert to WP then I may just give up on Blogger and only post on WP since that's where my 198 followers are.  I hope my 27 Blogger friends will forgive me.   

  

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely would forgive you but would need the address for your WP site and some warning! What a pain. I'm in the process of downloading photos of my grandkids from a site called Lifecake - the kids upload all their pics and then give permissions to grandparents etc to be able to see them, comment download etc. But now the site has decided to close and because I'm not the account holder I can't download the photos on bloc. It's a real paid as there are LOTS of photos on there. Still it's keeping me busy lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have decided to just go through and delete the duplicates, even if it takes a while. Maybe I'll work it the other way and post on WordPress but have it copy to Blogger. It should work either way.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Janet!

    Of course I would continue to follow you over to Wordpress, dear friend. However over the years I have had some difficulty leaving comments on some Wordpress blogs. Depending on their settings some require me to go through a complicated series of steps to sign in, use the form and submit the comment.
    At the moment I am able to regularly leave comments on all of my friends' blogs, but these platforms typically keep changing, and that might pose problems for me in the future. I received a notice that my Blogger interface is changing at the end of the month and I have spent weeks trying to get used to the new one. I don't like certain thinks about it and have sent in complaint reports hoping the techs will address my concerns and make necessary changes. We shall see.

    Have a great week, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much good buddy. What I may do is learn to use WordPress as my main platform but then simulcast over here. If it works one way it should work the other, right? Sometimes I wonder who is making these changes and why. Don't they know the rule that if it isn't broke don't fix it? Have a perfect week!

      Delete
  4. Good morning.
    How exhausting. Personally, I've never been a fan of wordpress. I've been on blogger for eons - have 5 blogs in fact. I always felt like wordpress had a learning curve I didn't have time to deal with. That said, if you move to wordpress, just leave a link on my blog in a comment section and I'll be sure to follow you. ;-)

    As to pictures disappearing, that has been happening a lot. Not sure what the issue is. I just keep an eye on things and if I have to repost the picture, I can usually find it in my 'photos on this blog' rather than pulling up off the flash drive to reload. Like anything else, we just need to stay on top of things, I guess
    Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kelly! I started noticing the missing pictures back in April but never did anything about it. Now I have some time so I'm going to start refreshing. What I may do is post on WP and then have it copy to Blogger. We'll see how that goes. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!