Search This Blog

Sunday, December 29, 2019

December Reflections - 2019 - #SLS Crazy

Jim gives us the last prompt of the year, Crazy, to use for Song Lyric Sunday.  Thanks so much, Jim, for continuing to host this fun blog-along (not sure if that's really a word but it is now). 

I'm hoping that not too many people will pick this song.  I thought the artist's name was Gnarles Barkley, but I just learned from Wikipedia today that it is actually two people, Danger Mouse (Brian Joseph Burton) and CeeLo Green.   I love the use of ink blots in the video.  Hope you enjoy.





I remember when
I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
There was something so pleasant about that place
Even your emotions have an echo in so much space
And when you're out there, without care
Yeah I was out of touch
But it wasn't because I didn't know enough
I just knew too much
Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Does that make me crazy?
Possibly
And I hope that you are having the time of your life
But think twice
That's my only advice
Come on now, who do you
Who do you, who do you
Who do you think you are?
Ha ha ha, bless your soul
You really think you're in control?
Well
I think you're crazy
I think you're crazy
I think you're crazy
Just like me
My heroes had the heart
To lose their lives out on a limb
And all I remember, is thinking
I wanna be like them
Mmhmm ever since I was little
Ever since I was little it looked like fun
And it's no coincidence I've come
And I can die when I'm done
But maybe I'm crazy
Maybe you're crazy
Maybe we're crazy
Probably ooh hmm
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Brian Joseph Burton / Gian Pero Reverberi / Gianfranco Reverberi / Thomas Decarlo Callaway
Crazy lyrics © Warner Chappell Music, Inc, Universal Music Publishing Group, Downtown Music Publishing, Songtrust Ave, BMG Rights Management, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd.



I learn so many interesting facts about the songs and the artists through the #SLS, don't you?  Makes for a fun Sunday. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!