Search This Blog

Monday, April 17, 2017

April 2017 - #Atozchallenge - Now to N

N is for Ms. Stevie Nicks.

I know I mentioned her when I did the letter F for Fleetwood Mac but Stevie Nicks is my idol and she deserves her own letter.

The first time we saw her was in 1983 for her Wild Heart Tour.  I have no pictures from that concert but I do have the tickets and the program from the show.  We were in the second level that night, which is not where I go now, but it looks like the tickets were only $11.50!!  No wonder we could afford to buy a program!



Aside from her performances with Fleetwood Mac, we've seen her two other times.  Once was with Rod Stewart and the other time was just last December when she did her solo tour.  Her opening act was Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders.  

I was able to get quite a lot of pictures so the whole concert is not finished yet but here are the first few pages.  



For the page with all the small pictures I wanted to match the opposite page, which is like chalkboard so I took a stencil I have and some liquid paint and decorated the edges of the page.


I think it came out pretty good, don't you?



One of the reasons I love Stevie so much is her gypsy style clothing.  I love all the layers and frills and her shawls are to die for.  The one on the right page is one she has had for a LONG time.



To make a decorative border around the next couple of pages I used this punch called a Mini-8 by We R Memory Keepers.  They come in several different styles.


I used it to make the borders around the middle background papers here.


Then I added a flower to each page to make them pop out a bit with a bit of bling in the center.  




I still have to make some notes on these pages about the song she was singing, Gold Dust Woman.  When she comes out with her gold shawl on the crowd goes wild because we all know what song is coming.  Stevie seems to go into a trance while she is singing it and dances and twirls around.  This time she was particularly mystic, even messing up her hair at one point.  I tried to catch that in pictures but it is hard when she is moving around so much.

An interesting thing happened a this show.  We had pretty good seats on the floor to begin with but my husband went to the restroom during one of her songs and when he came back he had found a ticket on the floor for the 7th row center!  We took turns going up closer and he was able to get some very close shots.  I was a little hesitant about using the ticket but toward the last few songs I went up closer too.  I figured the worst thing they could do was send me back to my own seat.  It was magic.  

I once did an art journaling project where I was asked to pick a muse and Stevie Nicks was the most obvious choice to me.  One of the prompts was for us to tell about the similarities and differences between us and our muse.  I wrote this:




How about you?  Have a muse?  Like Stevie Nicks?  Shawls?  Love to hear about it!



You can click over to the main A to Z Challenge page to see what other participants have come up with for this letter, and come back to see what O has for us!

7 comments:

  1. Stevie has a very unique voice and that adds to any performance she gives.
    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Barbara, she really does. Some people think it's too nasally but I love her.

      Delete
  2. Stevie really is an incredible woman. I just read something about someone talking about their imaginary wardrobe - what they'd wear if they could afford to and/or if they could pull it off. I imagine quite a few of us have such visions of Stevie's wardrobe.

    What an interesting prompt about who your Muse is. I'm going to have to ponder that.

    BTW, nice work with your pages. I imagine you're having a great deal of fun doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah. The art journaling was in an e-course with Sara Naumann. I still have a few prompts to go to finish that. I am having fun with my scrapbooking but I don't want to rush them just to finish for the challenge. Let me know if you come up with your muse :)

      Delete
  3. I love Stevie Nicks voice it has a rich harmonic tones. A talented lady and great choci for N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when concerts where inexpensive. I can't afford to go to concerts now. In the seventies I went to many a great concert for $5 or $6. Sometimes even less!

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!