Search This Blog

Thursday, April 13, 2017

April 2017 - #Atozchallenge - Kindly follow me to K

K is for Kihncert.  When Greg Kihn was working at a local radio station, he would put on a concert called Kihncert at Shoreline Amphitheater.  In 2009 the line-up was Greg Kihn Band, .38 Special, REO Speedwagon and Styx.

Greg Kihn Band
We had pretty good seats, close to an aisle and several times band members would come and play at the end of our row.  It was quite exciting. 

.38 Special
Greg Kihn Band was good but my favorites of the night were .38 Special and REO Speedwagon.

REO Speedwagon





REO


Styx - I love when all the confetti flies.  Glad I don't have to clean up that mess though!


This post was originally going to just be about REO Speedwagon and their song "Keep On Loving You" because I didn't think we had seen any "K" bands and I love that song, so I set up my whole picture presentation around REO.  I even made 6 more scrapbook layouts from another concert we had seen them at, but I wasn't able to finish the pages and time was running out.  I decided to just post what I had so far.  When I was starting to put together the story, the first thing I typed was about "Kihncert."  DUH!

Has that happened to you along this A to Z?  Sudden change in plans the night of the letter?  Here I thought I was so well organized.  





You can click over to the main A to Z Challenge page to see what other participants have come up with for this letter, and come back to see what L has for us!  

6 comments:

  1. 38 Special and REO Speedwagon were two of my absolute favs in the early eighties.
    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they have some really great songs! Sad that the lead singer for .38 Special can no longer tour. I'm glad we were able to see them. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I THOUGHT I'd changed my B Truck to a Better B, But apparently WP liked the original Best. So I left as is. MayBe I'll do an outtakes post at the conclusion of our tour of the alphabet. I've also been waiting to get behind an X. I had an OK one, but I wanted to capture something better. With all the "Xtra" trucks that I see, I figured it was only a matter of time and patience. Success was mine last week -- now gotta remember to replace the eXisting X, or I'll have another B situation!
    Thanks for your continued visits and comments!
    https://annembray.wordpress.com/a-to-z-challenge-2017/

    Did you know that I'm doing a second A-Z? Shoes!
    Here is K: http://repeatsamb.blogspot.com/2017/04/atozchallenge-k-vogkendra-ifjm2017.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know about your second A-Z! How ambitious. I'll have to check out your shoes. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Happy little surprises are fun - like little cosmic winks. Love the confetti shot, and whole-heartedly agree I'm happy not to have to clean it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly! Sometimes I grab a few to put in with my pictures but I think this time we had started walking toward the exit so I missed them.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!