Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Amazing August

August 6 & 7 --

Yesterday was a busy day for me so I am combining it with today's prompt and then I won't feel like I am behind.  

The prompt for Day 6 in the August Break was "I'm reading..."


I started this book what seems like a Thousand Days ago, but was really only last month.  It is interesting, but while it was fast moving in the first two chapters, I am now up to the Bay of Pigs time period and it is a little slower going.  Plus, I only read at night in bed, so I'm only getting in a few pages before I fall asleep.  Maybe I'll try to take a break in the middle of the day and go sit on the back porch and read for a bit.  Perhaps that will make it easier.    

Today's prompt is "Beneath my feet."  

On a typical day, beneath my feet are two foot pedals that I use for my transcription business.  One is for the work that I can receive digitally through files sent via email on my computer.  That's my right foot.  

Under my left foot is the old fashioned mini-cassette type recorder pedal.  No, I don't listen to both of them at the same time, but at least my calves will be of equal proportion :)


Also usually during the day I have to make a delivery of the reports I have been typing, so under my feet are the pedals of my car.  Note, I do change from slippers to regular shoes on most occasions


Yesterday, however, under my feet was the number 11 on the floor of the Scrapbook Expo that my niece and I attended.  She had just won the Golden Ticket prize so when we heard that they were going to be calling a number and we both were standing near 11, she graciously allowed me to stand on it in case that was the number called.  IT WAS!  


My prize was a pack of scrapbooking paper and some embellishments.  Not as exciting as her Golden Ticket win, but we both came out with something cool, and best of all are the great memories of the day!

Now I'm all caught up and can start next week under no pressure!  

Hoping you are having fun reading my little jots in the August Break.  
 

3 comments:

  1. I'd say you had some lucky feet Janet - congratulations on your win. And I liked the peek at your transcribing work - somehow it never occurred to me that there was a foot pedal involved.

    Happy reading - I hope you get a chance to sit out on your porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! No reading today but I did get a lot done in my craft room so that was a positive.

      Delete
  2. Yay! Congrats on your win! :) Sounds like you had a great day with your niece! :) I hope the reading gets easier for you; I hate when books come to a stand still and you feel like you aren't getting anywhere… :-/ Reading on the porch might be just what you need to get you to a more exciting part!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!