Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Reading Challenge

January 1 - Well, I did it.  I managed to finish the book "A Stolen Life," the story of Jaycee Dugard who was kidnapped when she was just 11.  It was interesting to see how she has been able to slowly come back to the real world.  What a terrible thing to have happened.  There certainly are some twisted people in the world.

That means I was able to read 17 books last year.  Not bad but I am going to try to get more reading done this year.

For my first book I'm taking from the category "A murder mystery" because I am trying to weed through my bookshelf.  Plus, it is written by Margaret Truman, an author I have read before so I am hoping to get off to a good, quick start.  Being the daughter of President Truman, her books are usually set in the capital or one of the other places in Washington.  Her stories have bits of history running through them and I like that.

Here we go...what's your first book of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!