Search This Blog

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Maybe It's May 2020 - The End is Near

Tomorrow will be the end of the month of May.  I've posted twice, three times if you count the first one but that was about the A to Z in April so...

What's been happening?   Well, since the Shelter-in-Place is still in effect, not much really.  I've gone to the grocery store a few times, driven my son to work and picked up some mail from my mailbox but other than that the only time I go anywhere is walking with Benny twice a day. 

Here's a few pictures from the month:

This was the sky this afternoon.  It looked like snowy mountains to me but it's all just clouds.  We did have a bit of rain today but it didn't last long.



Took a different route with one of the Benny walks and saw these two peeking out from a window.


I had a day of card making and added these to the Etsy site.  They have a more masculine feel to them so could be used for Father's Day and other occasions when you don't really want to send something too flowery.   



I even made a video about how I put them together.  



I did a bunch of coloring in the book my son got me for Christmas, Magical Jungle.  This is one page.



Took a picture of myself.  I'm documenting the weight loss and these help me keep on track.  I don't want to slide into bad habits.  This was a top I got from one of my daughter's friends and I was showing her that it was being put to good use.  Plus, I've been taking a selfie a month for a couple of years now.  It's kinda fun to look back and see the changes.   


People looking out the window are not the only things I've been noticing on the daily walks with Benny.  These spider webs were covered in dew drops and it looked like patches of diamonds in this bush.  


These looked like the rock candy sticks with the dew being the sugar.  It's hard to tell from this picture but really, that's what it reminded me of.  


It was nice to see the shelves at Safeway filling up a bit with paper products.  



After doing all the scrapbook pages for our concerts last month I realized that I need more albums to hold them all.  I got a plain album and decorated it by using some Luster Polish as a background and then using a stencil and metallic marker to detail the front.  Came out pretty good I think. 


This is Benny telling me it's time for a walk.  


Got my full moon shot.  


Loved all the different colors on this rose.  


And one more picture of me.  I really have to get some new clothes I think.  



We also had our anniversary, but I wrote about that in my last post.  I did get some more transcription work too, which is so very helpful right now.  Things are looking up a bit in my world, how about yours?  

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    It's nice to see a post from you this weekend, dear friend, and to know that you and your family are doing AOK. Your days are a lot like ours, same thing every day and not much new to report. It's nice that you take Benny out for a walk twice and day and vary the route to keep it interesting for both of you. Thanks for posting a picture of my favorite pooch! You also have your cards and crafts and your Etsy store to keep you occupied during this prolonged period of quarantine.

    I enjoyed hearing your voice and watching your video demonstrating how you make cards with the Just Sayin' card kit. They're colorful and tasteful! I am also still in awe of the resulting artwork that comes from filling in the adult coloring book Magical Jungle. As I told you before I am very impressed with your dramatic weight loss, Janet. You look fit as a fiddle. Many people are gaining weight during these long months of hunkering down. You can be very proud of your accomplishment! Consider those dew drop diamonds a gift from the Universe to brighten your day. I hope you and your hubby had a nice anniversary celebration. As I mentioned before, Mrs. Shady and I celebrate our 25th on June 10.

    Have a safe and happy week, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my friend Shady. Hope you and your family are doing okay too. It is pretty funny to see Benny come over and just stare up at me like that. We've been having some fun playing catch in the backyard as well. Thanks for the wonderful compliments. Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow that last picture shows what a great job you've done on losing weight! Well done. Yes these are strange times but things are slowly easing here - we got to visit our grandson today - the first time in many weeks. We still have to socially distance so the family stayed in the flat and we stood in the communal garden - thankfully they have windows which open really wide so it was fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I have seen a lot of photos of social distancing through the window. It makes perfect sense for visiting babies and the elderly. Crossing fingers that easing things up will not bring about spikes. Stay safe!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!