Search This Blog

Monday, May 4, 2020

A to Z Challenge - 2020 - Reflections

I finished another A to Z Challenge and I've got the badge to prove it!  This was my fifth year and I had set myself a monumental task of scrapbooking 26 concerts using the band names or song titles for the letters of the alphabet.  While I didn't exactly finish the whole layout for each show, I did manage to get at least the paper collections picked out and the title page done. 

In total I scrapbooked 99 pages and 25 different concerts (Up Where We Belong - Joe Cocker and Tom Petty were in the same show).  I'm pretty pleased with that and if I had been counting all along I would have at least done one more page to make an even 100.   

Here are links to all the posts in case you missed something.  Note that they will open up in my WordPress blog because apparently Blogger is having some technical issues with pictures.  In fact, I may decide to just use WordPress from now on. 

A - ABBA
B - Boston
C - Clapton
D - Daughtry
E - ELO
F - Frampton
G - Get Ready
H - Heart
I - Isaac
J - Jessie's Girl
K - Kiss On My List
L - Lynyrd Skynyrd
M - Miller
N - Nickelback
O - One More Night
P - Petty
Q - Queen
R - Richie
S - Santana
T - Toto
U - Up Where We Belong
V - VIP
W - We Belong
X - StyX
Y - You've Got A Friend
Z - Zoo

Some of the fun bloggers I found during this year's challenge were:

Joy's Book Blog:  Joy wrote about what to pack on your creative journey.  Lots of fun there.

Stepheny Forgue Houghtlin: Stepheny wrote about the glories of tea and showed some beautiful tea cups and different places you can enjoy a good cuppa.'

The DreamGirl Writes:  DreamGirl wrote a great mystery story.  Kept me hanging on to the very end!

A Unique Title For Me: Jim, who is our Song Lyric Sunday coordinator wrote terrific posts on musical groups.  They are long posts but very informative with lots of background information.  Worth the read if you have the time.

Jingle Jangle Jungle:  Mary gave us a word of the day and we were challenged to come up with songs using that word.

No Love for Fatties:  "T" wrote a story a day using the pictures from a children's alphabet.

Curious as A Cathy:  Cathy drew some great pin-up gals.

I was even featured on the A to Z official site as a blogger with 2020 vision by my friend John Holton. John and I met through the A to Z when I first started and have followed each other since.  He is a wealth of interesting information and a fun blog to read.  Thanks again!

It was fun for me to relive these concerts in this way, especially since some of the shows were from 10 years ago!  A few of my favorite layouts were:

A is for Abba


D is for Daughtry

F is for Frampton

H is for Heart

J is for Jessie's Girl

N is for Nickelback

O is for One More Night

T is for Toto

V is for VIP


As always, thanks to Arlee Bird, our A to Z Founder, John, J. Lennie Dorner, Zalka Csenge Virag, Jayden R. Vicente and Jeremy Hawkins for their terrific efforts to keep this challenge going. 

The A to Z Road Trip will be starting soon and I realized that I could do another alphabet with concerts for next year if I want to.  We'll see.  Thanks to all who came along on this journey with me.  I really appreciate all the comments and generous praise for my artistic endeavors.  Stay safe and healthy out there so we can do this again! 


8 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I forgot there's a Reflections post at the end of the A to Z. You certainly have some fine moments upon which to reflect and many attractive layouts saluting the artists and bands you and your hubby went to see over the years. I enjoyed viewing the "now" pictures and recent sound/video clips of some of my favorite musicians. I especially enjoyed our exchanges. I hope you agree that we learned a lot from each other through your series.

    Once again I congratulate you on doing this year's event in style, presenting a theme that is of genuine interest to me.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Shady! Thanks for your constant support during this A to Z, especially here on Blogger. I do agree that we have learned a lot about each other during the last month or so and I am in awe of some of the things you have done. I hope that we can continue this friendship even when I'm not A to Z-ing. I know I won't be posting as often - LOL. Have a wonderful day good buddy.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. It was touch and go for a while but I made it!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Frederique. I enjoyed your quilts too!

      Delete
  4. Wow... reading the numbers for your A to Z accomplishment is amazing. You scrapbooked 99 pages? Incredible!

    Great work on your posts!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!