Search This Blog

Thursday, December 26, 2019

December Reflections - 2019

I know there are a lot of folks who are taking the rest of the year off from blogging and social media and I have been frequenting it less and less because of the general busy-ness of Christmas and spending time with family.  Still, I have to get my fix occasionally so I may post something on Instagram or Facebook from time to time.  Here's a recap of the last week. 

From the December Reflections prompts: 

Day 17 - I said Hello to...  I skipped this day.  It seems like I can use the same pictures over and over for some of these things (like Benny and the studio).

Day 18 - Favorite Photo of me.  I have posted a few pictures of me in the mirror demonstrating the weight loss this year but beside those, my favorite picture of me was a toss up between these two. 



I think I like the vibrant colors in the first one and that's the one I posted on Instagram with the #Decemberreflections2019 tag but I do like my hat!

Day 19 - Cold - skipped this one too.  I think the day it came up it was a warm one so I just wasn't feeling cold.  Still, I asked for a ski mask for Christmas so I can keep warm on my Benny walks.  I got one too!

Day 20 - Memorable meal in 2019.  I used the dessert we had when we went out for our 35th anniversary back in May.  It was a restaurant similar to the Benihana style but not as good.  Still, the meal was memorable for the occasion and I splurged off of my eating restrictions for the bananas foster!



Day 21 - I said goodbye to a bunch of stuff that we are going to try and sell at a garage sale when the weather is more predictable.  The picture is sideways but I don't feel like taking the time to turn it over. 



Day 22 - Solstice light - skipped this one. 

Day 23 - A secret - Presents under the tree are all about secrets now.



Day 24 - Paper - could have used the wrapping paper all over the house but instead I used a picture of my tower of paper in the studio.  This is just the 12 x 12.  I have all kinds of paper in lots of different sizes.  I believe I mentioned once I am a paper addict.



Day 25 - Today is - Family - The family indulged me in getting a picture in.  I took only two the whole day.  I'm sad about that. 



Day 26 - Delicious - Our dinner last night was delicious but as noted above, I only took two pictures and the food was not one of them!  We had ham, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, asparagus, twice baked cauliflower, cranberry sauce and tortellini - something for everyone.

Up to date for now.  Are you getting things done or taking the rest of the year off?

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I enjoyed scrolling down through your December reflections, dear friend! When I gazed at those two pictures of you, designated as your favorites, they reminded me of Molly Ringwald. In the picture at left, you are "Pretty in Pink." In the pic on right, you are wearing a hat similar to the one Molly wore in that movie:

    https://www.alamy.com/molly-ringwald-pretty-in-pink-1986-image241028024.html

    I'm happy to learn that Santa brought you a ski mask to wear on walks with Benny this winter. I found it interesting that you are a paper addict because I too have always been fond of paper. Electronic readers cannot replicate the tactile experience of paging through a real book, especially a newly purchased one. Love that "new book smell." I also have packs of assorted colors of construction paper that I use for scrapbooking and to add a dash of color to snail mail correspondence.

    That's a wonderful family portrait taken Christmas day. Happy new year to you and your loved ones, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shady. I have seen Pretty In Pink and agree that the hat is like the one Molly Ringwald wore. I also agree about needing to hold a real book in my hands. No e-readers for me, especially because I used to work in a library - talk about new book smell! It only took a few tries to get a family photo that everyone was okay with sharing! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hat photo. I'm trying to be here but yes with getting out and about and hosting family it's a busy time. Like you I'm also kicking myself for not taking more photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well, that means we were enjoying the moment, right? Gotta write about it in a journal before the memories fade - LOL.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!