Search This Blog

Thursday, December 19, 2019

December Reflections - 2019 - Vision Cards Part 1

It's time to make the vision cards for 2020.  I use vision cards instead of making New Year's Resolutions because we all know that resolutions don't always get resolved.  Instead I take different areas of my life that I'd like to work on and make collages to help identify goals.  I've been making these since about 2014 when I heard about it from Jamie Ridler.  She has an excellent course on making them if you are interested.  Anyway, before I get to next year, I like to take one last look at the ones I made this year and see how much I have accomplished for each area.



I called this one "Go Places" and it is probably the one that got the least attention this year.  Except for the concerts and our annual Boulder Creek mini vacation we really didn't go anywhere.  We didn't even go to Reno which is something we've done every year for the last four or five years.  I had in mind that we would just do local fun things but money was really tight and so we didn't.



The Health card was very different.  I managed to lose 55 pounds from March to December and that actually is a 70 pound loss from what was my highest weight.  In addition, I am off all the medication I was taking for diabetes and my blood pressure is normal. 








Money is such a tricky thing and some of it is not in my control.  Unfortunately we had a reversal of finances between having to spend money on the studio and a lack of expected income on my part.  I have starting increasing my transcription by taking on work that is not strictly medical in nature and hopefully that will help in 2020.  Asking the Universe to help with the craft business a bit as well. 





Connecting with friends and family was a little more successful.  We did have a few dinners out and got to take a boat cruise around the San Francisco Bay with friends.  I did visit my sister more and talked with her by phone a lot as we went through the process of moving my mom out of her apartment.  Also got to have breakfast a couple of times with my best friend who lives quite a distance away.  Hubby and I also started some counseling to help with our connection with each other.  Even though we've been married for 35 years, I was starting to feel disconnected. 


As far as my Crafty life goes, the studio was the biggest accomplishment.  I love it and have been able to make some videos and start experimenting with different techniques.  I am using a lot more of my supplies than I had been because everything is more organized and accessible.  I participated in four Holiday Boutiques too.  I also did a purge and got rid of some things that I will not use. 





Finally, we have Home.  Again, the biggest thing here was getting the backyard down to bare bones and building the studio.  I did do some deep cleaning to some parts of the house and we went to a flea market where hubby actually sold some of his tools and made some space in the garage.  I have a ton of things that I was going to sell in a garage sale but the year got away from me and now the weather is too unpredictable so that will have to wait until the spring.  We also got our Benny dog and that has made a big change in our home. 


So that's the update on the vision cards I made for 2019.  All in all I think I did pretty well and even though some areas got more attention than others, I feel a lot better about things than if I had just made some New Year's Resolutions that I didn't keep.  Also, by doing it this way I have some actual record of what was done every year since I write it on the back of each card.



Tomorrow I'll show you the ones I made for 2020.  Bet you can't wait. 



4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Those vision cards are a fantastic idea. They are eye catching, convey an assortment of goals at a single glance and are more empowering than written or spoken resolutions. Having a dog helps keep things in perspective, helps you to maintain a sense of humor and enjoy the unfettered process of giving and receiving love. I admire you for achieving dramatic weight loss. Your health vision card will motivate you much more than a list of "do this" and "don't do that."

    I am thankful for the connection you and I made this year, Janet, and look forward to growing our friendship in 2020. Have a great day, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shady! I keep these cards in my planner all year and it helps keep things in my mind if even subconsciously. I, too, am happy we connected and look forward to reading more of your musical whimseys.

      Delete
  2. What a great visual way of showing your aims. And lots of progress made. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. It really helps to keep things focused that way.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!