Search This Blog

Sunday, March 12, 2023

March Matters – 2023 A to Z Theme Reveal

Okay folks, it’s almost time for that super exciting A to Z Challenge that happens every April. Are you ready?

Last year I did my take on dating adventures. That was fun. The year before was traveling through San Francisco. That was pretty interesting and I was amazed at the places I had never seen before even though I’ve lived in the Bay Area all my life. I’ve also done a few years of showcasing my concert albums and even the A to Z of Michael’s Arts and Crafts store.

This year I happened to stumble upon another interesting bit of the San Francisco experience called “Illuminate SF.” Throughout the city there are different light installations that “celebrate the City’s culture of creativity and innovation.” Unfortunately I missed the “Festival of Lights” that runs from the day after Thanksgiving through January. We were busy with moving my mother-in-law from Oregon to California so I didn’t have time to prep for it. Illuminate SF has been going on for 10 years now and though some of the exhibits are only temporary, there are many that have become permanent fixtures. Those are the ones I’m going to find for you.

Here’s a sneak peak of some of the ones I’ve captured so far:

As with every A to Z I’m giving a heads up that I will be using my creative license to cover all the letters. I hope you will come along on this light trip with me. Are you doing the A to Z this year? Lemme know so I can follow you too!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2023/03/12/march-matters-2023-a-to-z-theme-reveal/

11 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    You've got me excited, dear friend! Lighting is an art that has always fascinated me, and I gravitate toward light shows. Illuminate SF is truly a "bright idea" on your part, a theme I look forward to exploring with you every step of the way. I'm sure I will learn a lot. I will not be participating in the A to Z except to run a single post during April giving a nod to the Challenge and those who do choose to accept it. I wish you a successful, fulfilling and rewarding run, dear friend.

    I've got a birthday celebration going on at Shady's Place and you're invited to attend when you get a chance. Have a wonderful week and please give my buddy Benny a hug and a treat from Shady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday my friend. I was just over at your spot. I am hoping that I'll be able to see each of these light installations but it will be fun going on a scavenger hunt for them in any case. Benny says hi too!

      Delete
  2. That sounds fun - Canary Wharf near us usually has a lights installation on in the winter but we missed it this year. I'm dithering about the A-Z. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! It is almost a full time job isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Hi Janet...surprise...it's me...Sue from CollectInTexas Gal. After being absent from blogging and the AtoZ Challenge since 2020, I'm going to give it all a shot again. I've missed blogging...so I'll be catching up with everyone. Glad to see you have continued your always creative blogging and AtoZ Challenges. I missed the Theme Reveal, but have posted several preview posts about my theme and will sign up tomorrow...yikes it's already here! Look forward to seeing your posts.
    Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! Glad to see you are back again. I'll go look for you to follow.

      Delete
  4. Sorry my signature did not link. Guess I'll have to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw. Look at you enjoying life. Love these photos. I'm sure you had a blast in your trips. I miss traveling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lux - The best part of traveling to SF is that it is not that far away and I don't need to pack!

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to posts with lots of lights! 🎆🎇💡🕯🏮 Sounds exciting and colorful.
    It's April, so I'm focused on the #AtoZChallenge.
    Proof of Existence, book two in my dark urban fantasy series, is out this month. Very exciting.

    J Lenni Dorner (he/him 👨🏽 or 🧑🏽 they/them) ~ Reference& Speculative Fiction Author, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, and Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi J Lenni! Thanks for stopping by. I'm sure you're getting pretty busy now. I hope I can do all the installations justice. I'll be by to read your stories!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!