Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Apparently It’s August Now…

For one more day at least. Since the jury duty adventure I’ve been mostly doing typing work and some work out in the studio. We’ve also been to a movie night at the ball park and a concert at the winery. Wanna see?

The girls and I went to see “A League of Their Own” at Oracle Park. They gave us free hats, a pack of baseball cards and a bag of popcorn. It was free to get in because we have the 415 membership. We brought blankets and deli sandwiches. It was fun to spend some girl time. We couldn’t bring chairs and it was kind of cold but it was also the first time our eldest daughter had seen the movie so that was kinda cool.

I posted about the Halloween Box albums I was making. I finished two of them and am working on a third.

And last night hubby and I went to the Mountain Winery again to see Berlin and Pat Benatar. Both good performances. We had never seen Berlin before so that was nice. During the song “Take My Breath Away,” Terri Nunn walked around in the crowd. That’s always fun. Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo did some different songs in their set which was nice since we’ve seen them a few times and the setlists are pretty standard. They are no longer performing “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” because of all the mass shootings we’ve had. I respect that. They have plenty of other songs.

I think I’ve had a pretty full month. How about you? Happy to see August come to a close? What’s on tap for September?



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/08/31/apparently-its-august-now-5/

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    It's great to see you, dear friend! Mrs. Shady loves Tom Hanks and baseball movies, and that explains why she has seen A League Of Their Own half a dozen times or more. I enjoyed it, too, because I like Geena Davis. I'm happy to know that you and your daughters had a fun ladies night at the stadium and got bunches of free stuff.

    I am always fascinated by your crafts, Janet. Those Halloween themed box albums look like thick, ancient books and would make excellent conversation starters. When opened, there's spooky fun aplenty on the inside. I still can't get over all the ways your crafts unfold and flip, with surprises galore and places for adding written messages.

    Clearly, you and Bill had a great time at the Winery where you saw Berlin and Benatar. For the sake of loyal fans, I think it's a good idea for Pat and Neil to change their show from time to time, especially since they have played that same venue several times before.

    Yessum, August seemed to last forever, and I am happy to see it come to a close, mainly because my dear cousin died a few weeks ago and I've still got the blues. She was the cousin I grew up with, only 9 months older than me, and she died unexpectedly back home in York.

    I've been missing you over at Shady's Place. If you have time to check out my current post, it runs until Saturday. Enjoy the rest of your day and week, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. I, too, lost a close cousin recently, one that I babysat when I was a teen and he was about 9 or 10. It is interesting that my own kids don't know their cousins very well. Seems like the family splintered a lot after my dad died. Plus the fact that most of the cousins are a lot older than my kids.
      Appreciate your kind words about my crafts. It is really nice to hear.
      We have one more show at the winery tomorrow night. That's it for this season.
      Sorry I'm missing your gems. I'll be over to check out the latest. Have a great rest of your week my friend.

      Delete
  2. Just catching up on blogs after a week away. Hope all is ok with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! All is good. We were out of town for most of September helping mom-in-law transition to senior housing. Back to work now!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!