Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Apparently it’s August now

I really need to get on the ball again. Usually I do an August challenge but this year I just wasn’t feeling it. I am still doing my TikTok experiment though so if you are on TikTok lemme know so I can follow you.

Since I last posted we’ve seen Abba, the Concert, One Night With Queen, a new to us artist called Tash Sultana, went to another Giants game and last night we saw the Backstreet Boys!

So Wells Fargo is a sponsor of the Mountain Winery this year and there is a new section called Adele’s Garden especially for people with Wells Fargo accounts. They give you free water and snacks and there is a special spot to sit and enjoy the view before the show. That was fun. Abba, the Concert, does a really good job with the songs and the crowd was definitely singing along.

Tash Sultana is a one person show for the most part. Toward the end there are some other musicians on stage but the main show is Tash playing an instrument and then setting it on a loop so it keeps playing while she moves on to another instrument. There was a lot of flashing lights, hence the warning. It was interesting but the bouncing up and down she did was kind of hard to watch and the songs sounded a lot alike. My husband enjoyed it though and it was at a venue we don’t normally go to so it was a fun date night.

One Night of Queen was good too. While the rest of the band did not try to look like the members of Queen, Gary Mullen definitely pulled off the moves of Freddie Mercury well and the music was great.

The Giant’s game we went to was in honor of Will Clark and they retired his number, 22. It was fun and we won, which was even better. We’re not doing well this year but I’m still a faithful fan.

Finally, my daughter and I went to see the Backstreet Boys on the spur of the moment. We got the tickets just two days before the show.

This makes the third time we’ve seen them. They sang 33 songs and I knew the words to every one. I love their harmonies and definitely enjoy the synchronized movements. I think one of the reasons my daughter likes the Backstreet Boys so much is because I sang this song to her as a baby. It was my way of saying I love her no matter what.

So that’s been my out and about experiences for the last couple of weeks. We have more to come this month too. Tomorrow I’ll share some of the crafty work I’ve been doing. I don’t want to overwhelm in one post. Have you heard of Tash Sultana? Fan of the Backstreet Boys (who technically should be called Backstreet Men now because Kevin Richardson is 50 and the others are all late 40s – LOL).



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/08/10/apparently-its-august-now/

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Thanks for catching us up on the music shows and baseball game you recently attended. I would be very interested in seeing the ABBA tribute show. The only act I ever knew that closely captured the sound of ABBA was Stars on 45. I saw the group live in the early 80s at a club in Harrisburg, PA. The Queen show looks good, too. That zinger really resembles Freddie Mercury. Hooray for your Giants! Maybe they can gain some momentum now and turn their season around.

    Yessum, time rolls on, and the Backstreet Boys are now middle aged men. I just discovered that the group formed in my neck of the woods, Orlando, Florida, in 1993. That was the year I left my career in MTV and made a change to executive recruiting for advertising agencies. My new job did not require me to keep current on the pop music scene, and for that and other reasons I did not follow the music of BSB. I read that the song you posted from their show, "As Long As You Love Me," spent more than a year on the Billboard Radio Airplay chart. It's sweet that your daughter got anchored to that song as a baby because you often sang it to her. As you might expect, given their pop style and the fact that they are a boy band designed to attract a mainly female audience, my reaction to them is about the same as yours was to my K-pop. :)

    No, I was not familiar with Australian one-woman band Tash Sultana, but I do like the genres she is known for - psychedelic rock, soul, R&B, and neo soul. Her act sounds interesting, but I don't think I could take all those strobing light effects, even though I am not prone to seizures. While we're on the subject of Australian music stars, I was shaken this week by the deaths three days apart of Judith Durham, the famous lead singer of The Seekers, and of Olivia Newton-John. Both artists contributed significantly to the soundtrack of my younger years.

    If you post some of your craft work later today or tomorrow, I'll be over to see it. Have a wonderful day, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi friend Shady! Thanks for stopping by and dealing with my wonky formatting. I forgot to come and resize the photos. It was sad to hear about Olivia Newton-John. I do understand how you might not get over the moon about BSB and that's why I go with my daughters and not my hubby and son! The ABBA group is pretty good and they have incorporated some of the new ABBA songs into their show.
      I am going to try to get some posting in but I just got back from jury duty. At the moment I am jurist #10 so I may be busy for the next week or so! I'll check on you though.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!