Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2022

Apparently It’s August Now

I mentioned that I have been working on some new craft projects to share. First is a Disney-themed mini album. i think it came out really well.

Then I made a couple of different “folios.” One has a pen attached and a removable notepad. It is Christmas themed so you can use it to make your Christmas gift lists and there is a pocket to keep the receipts for purchased gifts.

And the next is a Halloween-themed one.

I am really in love with these folios and have a ton of ideas for other ones. I got the idea from another crafter, Maymay of Maymay Made It. I haven’t had a chance to post these in the Etsy shop yet but they will be there soon!

Finally, I am in the process of making this:

I found these boxes at our local dollar store last year and really liked them. I am always saving the cardboard inserts that come in packages. I think these were from pillowcases. I just need to finish decorating it. BUT I GOT CALLED FOR JURY DUTY! Right now I am juror #10. We have another day of jury selection and then I would expect the trial to begin next week. The judge said that just wanting to be doing something else is not a good enough reason to be excused – LOL. Fortunately it isn’t a high profile case so hopefully it won’t last long.

And that’s my crafty life for now. What do you think? What have you been up to? Ever serve on a jury?



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/08/12/apparently-its-august-now-2/

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I enjoyed seeing your latest craftwork, dear friend! And yes, the images are proper size this time. :) Yesterday, I had two jumbo size ABBA imitators in my face... not that I minded it very much. :)

    The Disney Themed Mini Album is neato. The large Mickey Mouse on the cover catches and eye and invites people to explore what's inside. I like the way the album has so many pouches and sleeves to hold vacation photos, concert ticket stubs, programs, cards and other memory treasures, with ample opportunities for artistic expression. I also love the Christmas and Halloween folios. The big black spider against a deep plum background and the witch riding a broomstick against a chartreuse background are my favorite decorative accents.

    When I was little, everybody kept things inside shoe boxes and cigar boxes. I like your idea of taking attractive dollar store boxes and inserting those nifty flip-thru thingies. It's clever and fun.

    I hope things go well for you on jury duty and that it doesn't turn into the Trial of the Century and drag on for months. Remember, if it doesn't fit... you must acquit." :) Thank you for doing your civic duty!

    Please scratch my buddy Benny's belly and have a safe and happy weekend, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by dear Shady. I appreciate your comments about my crafty endeavors. I am hoping that people will take some of the pictures that are on their phones and put them in my albums!
      I think I like the Halloween one best too but I'm going to make a few of the others just to see if they sell well at the upcoming holiday boutiques.
      My husband is jealous of my jury duty status. He has always wanted to serve but so far has not been called. Have a great weekend my friend.

      Delete
  2. Your craft projects look great! I've managed to avoid jury service up until now - got called twice before but both times I was breastfeeding a baby so got excused. Hubby has done it a few times and enjoyed it. Hope you don't get a long case though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy. The judge said it could be in our hands by Wednesday next week. That's not too bad. There was another case at the courthouse the same time they were picking us and it was for a very high profile murder case so i'm really glad I didn't get picked for that, interesting though it may have been!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!