Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2021

…And now it’s August…

When last I posted it was about a family emergency that was going to keep my husband away for five weeks. Fortunately, it did not last that long and he was back in 2-1/2. Now we have other issues to deal with but they are not life-threatening so that’s good.

In the meantime, I decided to participate in both the August Break prompts from Susannah Conway and the Tell It course from Liz Lamoreux. I’ve participated with these lovely ladies several times in the past and it is always such fun. It’s not too late to join in.

Here are a couple of my responses to the prompts:

And for the Tell It Course:

I love using art journaling to explore. So often I make things just to sell them but every once in a while I like trying out new techniques and playing with papers and words.

And speaking of the Etsy Shop, they have started a new feature called “Star Seller” and I am just a wee bit short of making it.

I need two more orders by the end of the month to qualify. That’s kind of exciting. What about you? How is your August going? Thanks to lovely Linda for her #SoCS prompt of “wee.”



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/08/07/and-now-its-august/

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Happy August, dear friend!

    Yessum, it's great news that your hubby was able to return earlier than expected. I hope everything was resolved 100%.

    I enjoyed examining your entries in the two monthly challenges. Your "Heart" design could be interpreted as music in general filling your heart with joy, or it could mean you love the music of the rocking Wilson sisters. You'll need to tell me what those turquoise chunks are, and where you took that picture. It is some type of quartz? Boy (girl), does that bicycle image remind me of my dad. He amazed friends and family by continuing to ride his bike along the Susquehanna Trail until he was in his late 80s and close to the end. My favorite pic is that of my good buddy Benny looking out the window and reminding you that it's time for his walk. Your scrapbook collages are always so nicely laid out. They really catch the eye and my interest.

    I wish you success in reaching your “Star Seller” qualification goal. I hope you and Benny have a safe and happy weekend, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shady. I wish I could tell you what those chunks are but they are just something I saw in the yard of a house along our walk. I haven't seen the owner of the house to ask, but if I do I will. The bike image is on the car of an avid cycler and another one of his stickers says something about "old bikers" so I guess he is getting up there too. I do like the music of the Wilson sisters, but this just means music in general. Our Benny is so cute looking out that window. From the other side you can just see his little eyes and ears. Have a great weekend yourself.

      Delete
  2. Good to hear your husband is doing better 💖
    Love your creative prompt challenge!

    PS: Congratulations! You have been nominated for the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award, which is an unofficial award to the bloggers as a reward of wonderful work on their blogs. It’s important because it really reflects the good impact we can have on other people’s lives.
    Head over to my post to learn more about it:


    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2021/08/ideal-inspiration-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tamara! You are the second person to nominate me for that fun award. I'll be over to check your post. Actually, hubby is the one with issues now, before it was his mom. Always a challenge around here. LOL

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!