Search This Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2021

June is Just So…

Thanks to our friend Linda, our Stream of Consciousness prompt for today is “yarn.” I haven’t participated in a #SoCS for a while but it just so happens I have something to contribute today.

If you follow me you know I love to color and paper craft. I also dabble in crocheting occasionally and I found a couple of different yarns that I fell in love with so I made one shawl and am working on a second. Both are the same design, a triangle shape. This first one has lovely blues and greens. I have enough yarn to make another one so I might do that to sell in the Etsy shop.

The second one is a metallic yarn and I like the way it is coming along too.

I got a notice this week that our favorite Mountain Winery is going to be starting concerts again so these two shawls will be perfect to keep me warm in the outdoor venue.

Happy Saturday everyone!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/06/05/june-is-just-so/

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Saturday evenings are ideal for spinning a good yarn, dear friend. :)

    As it turns out, I have something to contribute about this topic myself. Mrs. Shady is big time into yarn. She is obsessed with it - constantly shopping for it at local fabric and craft shops and mail ordering from faraway places. She can never resist a sale, and one kind or another is always one sale. As a result, we have around a dozen large Rubbermaid tubs filled with yarn of different colors and grades. Like you, she is fond of greens and blues. Every evening as we watch our TV shows, Mrs. S's hands are busy crocheting shawls, sweaters, mittens, socks, comforters and other items. Some are given to friends and family as birthday and Christmas presents, and some she keeps for herself or me. I told her she should sell her wares on Etsy.

    I hope your weekend is going well. Enjoy your Sunday and the week ahead, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh friend, Shady, you always have something to contribute! I can imagine how many different colors and grades there are in your wife's collection. I remember when I worked at Michaels seeing all the gorgeous hues and some of them are so soft! I can only make blankets and shawls so I don't crochet very often but these two batches just called to me. Thanks as always for stopping by buddy! Have a great rest of your weekend too.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!