Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Suddenly It’s September – 2020

And almost two weeks of it are gone already!  I can’t even describe how our sky has been looking lately because of all the fires.  Add that to the virus and I really have to wonder if we are in a science fiction novel.  

Orange glow through the kitchen window
This is the view out the window. The top of the neighbor’s roof. The sun is NOT out, but it is 9 AM.
It’s 10 AM and the lights are still on by the train tracks.
Some of the fires in our state. I live right below where it says “Lifted” in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Staggering numbers.

I took Benny for a walk this morning and now my eyes are a bit irritated. Needless to say we’re staying inside for the rest of the day. The pictures do not even tell the true story. It looks like it is nighttime here. I mean, kinda scary.

On another note, I have been watching our Giants play baseball and it has been very exciting at times. Even though we weren’t supposed to be very good this year, there have been some great comeback wins and the new kids are doing some amazing stuff. I haven’t seen many of the American League games but I have to say that our team has the best fan in the stand cutouts. We have over 15,000 cutouts of people in the seats and it really makes it look like there are fans at the game.

This looks like a full stadium but they are cutout pictures that people have sent in. $99 each and at the end of the season, you can go and pick yours up.

We didn’t order cutouts for ourselves but we did put our name in to possibly get a game ball. Since no one is there to catch foul balls, they are sending five from each home game to random people.

While I watch the game, I color. Sharing for Linda’s Escapist Coloring Club.

Please stay safe everyone!



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2020/09/09/suddenly-its-september-2020/

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Yessum, dear friend, it seems like we all awakened to find ourselves in a bad sci-fi movie. I hope "Lifted" means better news for people in your vicinity. You told me earlier that the air is clearing in your neighborhood and you can breathe better. Is that only until the wind shifts? It makes me sad knowing that you and Benny can't go for your daily walks w/o breathing smoke. Day after day of having the sun blotted from the sky can also mess with your head. Over here in Florida we have had mostly dark, gloomy, rainy days this summer. We have received a tremendous amount of rain and there is deep standing water all over our property that never has a chance to dry up. Our situation isn't nearly as dire as yours, but the hurricane season is active and we still have a long way to go before that threat subsides.

    I'm glad you are enjoying your Frisco Giants this season and that the team is coming along nicely thanks to talented younger players. It adds to the creepy nature of 2020 to see a baseball stadium filled with cutouts of fans. It reminds me of an episode of The Twilight Zone. Your colored artwork is gorgeous - suitable for framing. Thanks for showing it to me. I always look forward to it.

    Here's hoping for better days ahead for all of us, dear friend Janet. Thank you again for your cheery visit to Shady's Place today. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shady!

      It is interesting that even with the sky so orange and dark, there is not a smoky smell. I did take Benny for his walk this morning and threw the ball around in the backyard a couple of times but not nearly as long as we are used to.

      I know the baseball season should have an asterisk this year but they are still fun to watch. Twilight Zone is right for everything I think! I don't know about framing the artwork, but I did use one of them as the picture on my bank card - LOL.

      Crossing fingers I see the sun tomorrow. Have a great rest of your week too!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!