Search This Blog

Saturday, November 9, 2019

November Novelties - 2019 - #SoCS - ght

Happy Saturday all.  Time for another Stream of Consciousness hosted by the lovely Linda G. Hill.  Today she gives us the fun prompt of "ght."  Bonus points if we can use more than three different words with that combination.  Let's see where it takes us.

I've mentioned that I'm losing some weight and I say I'm following a Keto plan but truthfully all I'm doing is cutting out carbs and sugars.  I don't measure or count calories but I do try to limit the carb intake to about 15 to 20 carbs a day or less.

So far I've been pretty successful and to my delight I've lost 50 pounds since March and 64 pounds overall.  I am striving to get to my goal of 145-ish by my birthday in March.

Not sure what my weight is here but it has to be close to my highest.  Don't know why I would take such a picture in the first place or why I kept it!
 
I like this one better.  It is from September. 




Of course with losing that amount of weight, my clothes are starting to get too big.  I know I have a way to go so I don't want to buy too many things and as many overweight people can relate, there are clothes in my closet that span several sizes for that "just in case I lose" time.  However, the weather is starting to get chilly here and most of the pants I have are leggings which are made of pretty thin material.  The other day I went to Target and picked up a couple of pair of jeans to try, one in a size 16 and one in a size 14.  I was outright thrilled when the 14's fit the best.

When I went to return the 16's I decided to try a 12 on just for kicks and while I could get the zipper up, they were just a bit too tight.  As I was walking through the mall I saw that Old Navy was having a one-day sale of jeans at half off so of course I had to check that out.  I found a pretty pair in a lavender color that I loved so I brought them to the checkout.  I remembered that I had some discount points that were expiring so I figured I ought to use them.  Look what happened when I did:

Note the name of the jeans:  Pop-Color Rockstar Jeans!  

That's right, a big zero!  I paid naught for these pretty jeans! 



Looks a little more dramatic side by side doesn't it?  Now, I might have to get a new top to wear with these pants but I have two more certificates for Old Navy so maybe I can score again!




That's the kind of spending I can do without giving it a second thought!   I think I used more than three words with "ght" in them.  Waddya think?  Bonus points?  Are they good at Old Navy?










6 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    You get bonus points for all the "ght" words sprinkled throughout the post and even more bonus points for the dramatic weight loss. Way to go, Janet! You look fantastic. Have fun shopping for new clothes to fit the slimmer, trimmer and healthier you.

    I hope you are having a greaght ("great" spelled incorrectly for bonus points) weekend, and I wish you a happy week ahead, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shady. I have about 30 pounds to go and I know that it is going to get harder and harder but I am determined at this point to get there. Nice weekend to you too!

      Delete
  2. Well done on 50lbs lost Janet - that's pretty amazing! I've been trying to eat less calories and move more (walking/exercise class) and have managed to lose 6kgs (about 13lb) and that feels like a big deal - so 50 is dynamite! I loved the new jeans and the lavendar's a pretty colour on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne. The pictures don't really do them justice. The lavender is really pretty. It has been a slow, but thankfully steady, weight loss. I think it will be easier to keep it off that way. 13 pounds IS a big deal. Congrats.

      Delete
  3. You definitely deserve bonus points for the weight and the words!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!