Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Just Jot January – 2023

In combo with the #SoCS our prompt for today is “out of the box.” I’m pretty sure that I have had my fill of taking things out of the box.

I packed 31 boxes and the movers packed another 40 pieces (some boxes, some furniture) for a total of 71 pieces that were moved from my mom-in-law’s house in Oregon to the one bedroom apartment in the house next door to ours in California. My son and I unpacked most of the boxes and got some of the furniture put in place but this weekend I’m going to concentrate on getting the space livable since my MIL has been staying with us for the week. While I don’t mind and she has needed some help (she’s 97!) I am ready to get back in my own bed and spend some time in my studio.

Wish me luck that I can get the rest of the stuff “out of the box” and make the place livable for her in the next 2 days.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2023/01/07/just-jot-january-2023-4/

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Wow, dear friend, boxes as far as the eye can see! You have really been rolling up your sleeves and working hard to help your mother-in-law move down from Oregon and into new surroundings within walking distance of your house. Mrs. Shady and I have moved several times in recent years, and we typically do all of the packing ourselves. I know it's hard work. I applaud you for all you did for Bill's mom last year and continue to do this year. As I mentioned in my reply at Shady's Place, I was worried when I read about a terrible storm that was set to strike the greater Bay area a few days ago. I hope it didn't impede the move or slow down the transition.

    Seems like your MIL had a birthday recently, and I hope it was a happy one. I also hope she will be happy to be a "California girl" and content with her new home situated so close to yours.

    I wish you well as you tackle the final portion of the task this weekend. I know you are eager for life to get back to something resembling normal and back to doing the things you enjoy. I wish you a safe and happy weekend, dear friend Janet, and thank you very much for stopping by to see me today at Shady's Place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my friend. MIL's birthday is in July but if it was up to her she wouldn't be here. She says she is ready to go anytime. We are disputing that. She lived in California for many years before she and her husband moved to Oregon about 36 years ago but for sure the town has changed!

      The storm hit here the day after the movers dropped off the furniture so we got lucky! Thanks for being such a concerned friend!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!