Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2023

Just Jot January – 2023

Our #JustJoJan prompt for today is Constellation, thanks Willow!

While constellation usually makes you think of the stars in the sky, and goodness knows I’m all about sky watching, it can also mean a group of related things. Thus, I could call this a constellation of planners:

I’m working with four of them this year. Your Life is Your Studio is for my “regular life.” That phrase is something that Jamie Ridler uses all the time. She is the one who taught me about vision cards. Start Fresh is for my health and weight loss journey. Let Faith be Bigger Than Your Fear” is for my crafty business and Love Today is for my word of the year journaling. I’m taking Ali Edwards One Little Word class this year. My word is Delight but I’m sure I’ll have another post about that. Three of them are from the company called Plum Paper and one is an old Heidi Swapp undated planner that I have had for a long time. I loved the cover of it but hadn’t used it because I like the customizability of the Plum Paper brand.

I am anxious to get them all set up but I am having to do it in bits and pieces as we are still transitioning MIL to her new apartment next door. Her furniture gets delivered tomorrow! Wish us luck with fitting it all in. How about you? Do you use a planner, several planners or just wing it? Do you look at the constellations in the sky or do you have a constellation of other like things? Lemme know.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2023/01/02/just-jot-january-2023-2/

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    Gazing at your constellation of planners gives me as much pleasure as looking up at the star patterns in the sky. The cover designs are attractive and the titles inspiring and empowering. They motivate you to get organized and get going on the journey to reach your yearly goals. "Let Faith be Bigger Than Your Fear” reminds me of the NLP principle of turning fear into power (and action).

    I hope your mother-in-law gets all her stuff from Oregon delivered in good condition and hope it fits her new dwelling. Is she fond of Benny? With a dog or cat in my life, I, for one, am much happier. Perhaps your MIL would appreciate having a low maintenance pet of her own, or here's an idea, a cactus plant that requires very little attention and care, yet lets the you mark daily progress as you watch it develop. I once had a "constellation" of cacti and succulents, 150 containerized specimens in all, displayed neatly in a special sunroom that we designed for that purpose when we built this house.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shady! I remember you talking about your cacti. She, in fact, had a Christmas cactus that she hated to leave behind. Maybe we can get one for her to have here! Great idea. She does like Benny and there is a neighborhood cat that has made our garage his home. Maybe we can transition him to her house after she gets settled.

      I'm attempting the month-long Just Jot January challenge but I surely don't expect you to stop by every day! Appreciate your kind thoughts.

      Delete
  2. Wow I have enough trouble keeping one journal/planner straight let alone 4 but I can see your reasoning behind them all and I'm sure it works for you. Hope the furniture arrives safely and you can get it all organised. I'm sure your MIL will feel better with her own things around her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have your Mil come stay with you. It speaks volumes about you and your hubby. I don't look at the constellations but I Like looking at the stars. I hope to make a ton of cards this year

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!