Search This Blog

Friday, July 8, 2022

July is Jumping

Well, another month is already a week old. Can’t believe I don’t have anything to say for whole months at a time! This month is different though. While I may not be posting every day here, I have started a new TikTok account to help promote the crafty work I do. According to the training I got (yes, I took some training) I will need to post every day for at least 30 days. Most days it will be just one or two posts but on days 6 and 7 the challenge is to post 16 to 20 snippets each day!!! The goal is to get to the magic 1000 followers so that I can add the link to my business in my bio. I guess if TikTok doesn’t see 1000 followers they think you are not really a business. Here’s my first one:

We had our annual 4th of July celebration too. Just a small affair with a few friends and neighbors. It was unbelievable how many illegal fireworks went off around us until well after midnight. Our poor Benny was really scared. Next year I’m going to have to get him some meds or something. Here’s a quick peek at one of the better ones we had for the night. The “grand finale” went on for 2 minutes!

Concerts are happening this month too. We are going to see Reo Speedwagon with Styx and Loverboy next week, my daughter and I are going to an Abba cover band and then hubby and I will see a Queen cover at the end of the month.

Wish me luck on my TikTok adventure. If you’re there, follow me (at least until I get to my 1000. Then you can leave if you want – LOL). I am @scr4pl80 (scrap lady) there just like everywhere else. Have to stay consistent, right? How is your summer shaping up?



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/07/08/july-is-jumping/

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    It's great to see you posting as another month gets underway, dear friend. Yessum, we should say gets well underway because we're already a week into it. I don't know about you folks on the West Coast but, when I lived in the mid-Atlantic region the first half of my life, I found that summer flew by quickly after the 4th of July. Just as we were getting used to the idea of it being summertime, summer was yielding to fall, and fall to winter. Spring, however, took its good old time arriving. :)

    Best of luck to you as you do whatever it takes to establish a presence on TikTok and qualify for a link to your craft business. Yessum, your Benny and my Boots (our black cat) were both terrified by the fireworks. As I might have told you on my site, various neighbors insisted on setting them off for hours on end three nights in a row! I even heard occasional pops during the evening of the 5th! I'm sure some celebratory gunfire was mixed into the festivities. It was too much, very inconsiderate, and entirely unnecessary for the merrymakers to rattle wildlife, pets, young children trying to sleep and adults trying to watch TV three + nights in a row. The fireworks video you posted is astounding. The display actually builds in intensity as time goes on.

    I envy you guys for being scheduled to see Speedwagon, Styx and Loverboy at your local venue. Coincidentally, I just finished working on posts that have songs by Tommy Shaw, Styx and Loverboy in them. You and your daughter will surely enjoy the ABBA cover band, and you and Bill will undoubtedly have a good time at the Queen cover concert.

    I know you'll be busy with TikTok, but I wanted to alert you that my next post at Shady's Place is coming up this Sunday, the 10th. Then, on Friday the 15th, I will be posting an announcement and beginning a nine-day hiatus during which I will be completely off the blogging grid.

    Enjoy the rest of your week and weekend, dear friend Janet. Please scratch my buddy Benny under his chin and take him for a walk. He's over at the window! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL my hubby just took him for a ride. That's one of Benny's favorite things to do. Hoping you are just taking a nice vacation and not that something is wrong for your nine day hiatus. I'll look for your post on Sunday!

      Delete
    2. Yessum, Mrs. S and I will simply be taking a vacation. Thanks for your concern, dear Janet!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!