Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2022

May You Smile – 2022

Typically it takes a few days to get back to the blog habit after the A to Z is over. I have to catch up with all the other projects I have that I let slide during the month. I REALLY have to prepare better next year because I end up missing the opportunity to make Mother’s Day things to sell in the Etsy shop. This year I only had time to make some cards and a couple of the exploding boxes.

I also had to get ready for another pop-up craft show which happened on May 7. For that I made some more birthday cards as well as some other all occasion cards.

It was so windy! I couldn’t display all the cards the way I usually do because they would blow all over so I had to keep them in boxes. I didn’t make a lot of money but managed to at least make the $25 it cost for the table space and tenting plus a little more. As always though I learn things with each show and this time I got to use my new banner!

And last but not least, I have been seeing some really gorgeous skies lately. The top three pictures are all from my front porch, all on the same night in the space of about half an hour. At first was the yellow burst, then came the orange glow and finally the gray almost storm clouds. It was amazing. The last two are from the next night at my son’s softball game. I just marvel at the way God plays with his crayons and paints, don’t you?

And now it’s time to start work on Father’s Day things. I have a couple of boxes and some cards in the works and they’ll be in the shop soon. What have you been up to?



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2022/05/12/may-you-smile-2022/

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    It's wonderful to see you, dear friend!

    I can understand how your craftwork and Etsy business would take a hit during the hectic April A to Z Challenge. Thanks for bringing us up to date and showing your latest wares. Yessum, wind can be a nuisance when you are displaying lightweight paper goods on an outdoor table.

    I keep coming back to those exploding boxes and how unique and fun they look. I think everyone is fascinated by boxes because we are immediately curious to know what's inside. Surely it is a delightful surprise when someone receives an exploding box for the first time, pops it open and discovers a multitude of colorful, cheery greetings in a three dimensional array. I love color, and admire the various shades of teal, purple, lavender and magenta on several of these items. I also admire the whimsical artwork on cards for children including the pig & peeps, baby hippo, puppy & peeps and cuddly bears. Everything you display at your stand speaks of high quality, and your banner would make we want to meet you and buy from you.

    I agree that no artist on earth could capture with paint and canvas the glorious skyscapes you witnessed and photographed those two nights. The sky above us is constantly changing. offering a never-ending show free of charge for those who simply remember to look up.

    Thanks for the update, dear friend Janet. My next post begins this Saturday, the 14th. Take care of yourself and my buddy Benny. Have a great Friday and a safe and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words about my crafty things. Sometimes I wonder why I keep doing it when I am not making many sales but it really is something I love to do so I'll just have to trust that the sales will come.

      I'm sure that you probably see some wonderful skies in your neck of the woods too. I must have gone for most of my life without looking up because I don't remember these sky masterpieces from my youth...unless this is part of the global warning thing too!

      Thanks for the heads up about your next post. I'll be sure to come visit. Have a great rest of your week too my friend.

      Delete
  2. Your boxes look amazing. (I so envy your creativity lol) Yes the A-Z has a big knock on effect to normal blogging - I'm still not back to normal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I don't know why it is so hard to keep going in May. I mean, there are no letters we have to follow or themes or anything, we could just write what we want!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!