Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2021

Surely it’s not September…

What happened to August? I can’t believe I only managed two posts the whole month. I really haven’t been that busy, have I? Let’s take a look and see…

On the 20th of August we went to our first concert at the Mountain Winery since 2019! This was the Fab Four, the Beatles tribute band. They were good, but we’ve seen them several times now so I don’t think we’ll see them again. Mostly it just felt so good to get out and do some dancing and singing! The Winery is taking Covid precautions and you have to show proof of vaccination or (for this show anyway) a negative test within 72 hours. Beginning in October it is a vaccination only venue. It was a very smooth entry process and I have no problem with it.

We also continued to binge watch The Sopranos and got to see our son win the softball championship. Unfortunately things took a turn for the worse and we had a leak under the house which required new pipes throughout. We could have just replaced the pipes that were actually leaking but we figured that if we did it all now, we wouldn’t have to worry about it anymore. The company was great to work with and although it took a day or two longer than we hoped, we didn’t lose the use of the bathroom so we didn’t have to leave the house. I never thought I’d be so happy to do the dishes and laundry!

September started out much nicer though. Last night we saw Chicago from the 4th row at the Winery. They were much better this year than the last time we saw them, which was about 2006. They have a new lead singer who, while he is no Peter Cetera, does a much better job than the guy they had before. We have 2 more concerts this month, Pat Benatar and then Chris Isaak. Good thing we had gotten the tickets before the pipe problem! We also have tickets to see some Giants games. They are playing so well this year!

This morning I woke up early enough to see this:

So I’m thinking September is going to be a good month. What about you guys?



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.wordpress.com/2021/09/06/surely-its-not-september/

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I'm excited for you and your hubby, dear friend! It's great to know the two of you are getting out and about and doing some of the things you used to do before the nasty pandemic spoiled the fun. The smiles on your faces tell the tale.

    I can imagine that unless they constantly update their play list, The Fab Four show would get old after a while. I am thrilled that you enjoyed Chicago more this time around. Great pictures of both acts! I remember you telling me that you were somewhat disappointed when you saw Chicago play in your area years ago. There are a few other names on the roster that I'd be interested in seeing in concert, like Billy Idol, Foreigner, Fogerty, Temps, Tops and Beach Boys, provided they don't look and sound like sluggish senior citizens. Pat Benatar still has it, I think, and you should be in for more excellent performances when you go to see her. I also noticed Steve Martin & Martin Short on that board. I tried watching their new mystery - comedy TV series Only Murders in the Building co-starring Selena Gomez, but bailed out early. Have you tried watching it? I am delighted that you are planning to attend pro baseball games again and I congratulate your son on his softball team's winning the championship.

    Yessum, put those pesky pipes out of your mind. I think September is going to be your month. Have a wonderful week, dear friend Janet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Shady! Yes, I have heard of the new mystery series with Martin Short and Steve Martin and want to give it a look see. The tickets for their show at the Winery were more expensive than we wanted to pay. Foreigner is one of our faves but this time they are doing an orchestrated version of their songs and I wasn't sure I'd like that so we are not seeing them this time around. Temps and 4 Tops put on a good one the last time we saw them. If we hadn't gotten our 3 required shows in, they would have been my next choice. In fact, I would have rather seen them than Fab Four but my hubby got his pick :) Thanks so much for stopping by. Hopefully I'll have a few more posts this month, or at least something better to write about than broken pipes. Have a great week yourself.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!