Search This Blog

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Awe-Inspiring August - 2018 #augustbreak2018 and #SLS

I have a feeling there will be a few of these combo posts this month.  Some are going to be a bit tricky I think, like today's.  The August Break Prompt is "Crush" and the Song Lyric Sunday prompt is "drink."

My initial thought was for ACDC's "Have a Drink on Me" but I didn't know how to combine that with crush.  Then I thought of Orange Crush but I didn't know any songs with that drink in the lyrics.

Finally I decided to take a loose interpretation of the word "drink" and use Foreigner's "Cold as Ice" since most of the time you will have ice in a cold drink.  Thanks to Helen, loose interpretations are permissible :)

So as to crush, it is no secret that I have a crush on the current lead singer for Foreigner, Kelly Hansen.  We have seen them live several times and one of the most recent times was at the Mountain Winery where we were sitting in the second row, center.  Kelly (yes, I call him by his first name) has the habit of going out into the crowd and he actually came and stood right by me!  Later he went out farther into the crowd and on his way back he passed by me again and of course I had to give him a hand getting over the seats back to the stage.  Maybe I touched his butt, maybe not?   

Anyway, here are the lyrics to "Cold as Ice"

Cold as Ice
You're as cold as ice
You're willing to sacrifice our love
You never take advice
Someday you'll pay the price, I know
I've seen it before
It happens all the time
Closing the door
You leave the world behind
You're digging for gold
Yet throwing away
A fortune in feelings
But someday you'll pay
You're as cold as ice
You're willing to sacrifice our love
You want paradise
But someday you'll pay the price, I know
I've seen it before
It happens all the time
Closing the door
You leave the world behind
You're digging for gold
Yet throwing away
A fortune in feelings
But someday you'll pay
You know that you are
(Cold, cold) (as, as) (ice)
As cold as ice to me
(Cold, cold, cold) (as, as, as) (ice)
You're as cold as ice
(Cold as ice)
Cold as ice I know
(You're as cold as ice)
You're as cold as ice
(Cold as ice)
Cold as ice I know
(You're as cold as ice)
Oh, yes I know
(Cold as ice)
(You're as cold as ice)
You're as cold as ice
(Cold as ice)
Cold as ice I know
(You're as cold as ice)
Oh, yes I know
(Cold as ice)
Songwriters: Lou Gramm / Mick Jones
Cold as Ice lyrics © Songtrust Ave, Somerset Songs Publishing Inc




Here he is climbing back over the seats




And here he is singing the song:



Interestingly, when I was searching for songs that Foreigner does that include drink of any kind I was hard pressed to find one.  They do talk about coffee in Blue Morning, Blue Day but if I'm stretching the prompt of drink, I'd rather stretch it to Cold as Ice :).  Hope Helen doesn't mind. 

We are seeing Foreigner in September when they are with Journey and Def Leppard at AT&T Park in San Francisco.  Our seats are not nearly as close then but since he travels out to the crowd, maybe, just maybe, he'll find our seats!

How about you?  Any crushes?  Like Foreigner?  Have ice in your drinks?  Love to hear.




IMG_1345

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet - I commented on this post yesterday (honest I did). Did you receive that comment? If not, let me know and I will retype.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I have two blogs, one here and one on WordPress. You commented on the WordPress one :) I started on Blogger but when I joined the A to Z Challenge it seemed that more people were on WordPress so I started one there too. I have set it up so I post here and then it automatically copies it to my WordPress site. I use Blogger so I can include my Etsy site and the affiliations I have with Blitsy and Creative Live. WordPress won't let me do that unless I pay for a premium site.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!