Search This Blog

Monday, July 31, 2017

July in Janetville - James Taylor, Bonnie Raitt and Neil Diamond

What a way to end this busy month!  On Saturday we went to AT&T Park to see James Taylor and Bonnie Raitt.  We had tickets for the field so we got to go in through a special door and into an uncharted (for us) territory of the ballpark.  We felt pretty special I must say.


Gotta take the concert selfie!
Bonnie Raitt started the night out and then James Taylor came out and did a song with her.






I think my favorites were "Something to Talk About" and "Burning Down the House."

Then James Taylor came on and did most of his hits.  He tells some pretty funny stories in between songs.  





From where we were sitting I had a view of the orange lights on the trees behind the stage. 



The next night we were headed down to SAP Center in San Jose to see Neil Diamond on his 50th anniversary tour.  We left early to stop at our favorite restaurant, Louisiana Bistro, only to find that they were closed because they are relocating!  That instantly put kind of a damper on the evening because now we didn't know where to go to eat and didn't have time to do searching.  We went to the arena and got a hot dog and nachos.  Not what we were looking for.  

Our seats were in the second deck so my pictures didn't come out as nice as I would like, but then again he doesn't change costumes so as long as I got a few good ones of him and his band I will be happy with that.  The stage was waiting for him with this lone guitar.


The lights and speakers blocked my view of the big screen in the middle.  


One more concert selfie.  I love the way my husband indulges me with this.





This guy plays a mean set of bongos!


Camera lights from the phones in the crowd is always neat looking, especially from the upper deck looking down.

I have to say that I liked the show we saw a few years ago better than this one.  He sang more of his hits that I knew at that performance.  He still has a good voice though.


Here is my July selfie.  Looking kind of tired after such a busy weekend!  I see some bags under those eyes.  I'm glad I work from home.  Maybe I'm getting too old for this?  NAHHH


August starts tomorrow and I have a new project I'll be doing, August Break, with Susannah Conway.  It is a picture prompt so that will fit right in with my 365 Picture Project.  Bet you can't wait! 

How was your July?  Ready for August?  Love to hear about it.



2 comments:

  1. Always enjoy seeing your comings and goings ... Looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristine! I may be getting a little old for back to backers. I was pretty tired the next day and these two were relatively mellow concerts. We'' see how I do in September when we have a Foreigner and Nickelback weekend. Glad you stopped by!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!