Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

In The Marry Month of May

May 17  -- Update

From this:



Through the measuring...



 ...and then the old stuff comes off.  Quite a noisy, dirty process this roofing is.




Let the sunshine in!  Looks like we really needed some extra protection on the garage roof!




An interesting conveyer belt gets the new material to the roof.  





To this...Not finished yet but it looks so much better!  This is the same spot on the garage roof as in the first picture of this post.  


I really like the color of the new roof.  It is going to look really nice with the siding and trim.   I didn't realize how noisy this procedure was going to be.  When they were scraping off the old shingles it sounded like the house was falling apart.  Then the nailing!  I do have to say that the company we are working with, 21st Century, is being very good about cleaning up after each day.  There was almost more mess around when the old shingles were falling off when it rained or was windy than there is now that the workmen are here!  

So, now they are working on the eves and getting the rest of the house ready for the siding.  I grabbed some of the TyVek that they were using to seal the house.  It makes great, sturdy binding for my mini albums! 

Stay tuned for the next installment and watch for my Instagram photos and quick videos.  There's a great one of some pieces of the roof falling over the side of the house and the conveyor belt in action.  I know you're fascinated!



10 comments:

  1. I enjoy learning about the process of how things happen, so I am fascinated! The new roof is [obviously] an improvement and I agree the color is great. Now onto the siding? You won't recognize your home when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ally, we used to tell our friends to look for the ugliest house on the block and now we'll be able to tell them to look for the prettiest! Definitely a learning experience!

      Delete
  2. Good for you guys! Just don't hire our old company to do any work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roof looks great Janet! I really like the color. That's a huge job and a major expense but it will sure give you some peace of mind and you won't have to worry about leaks and such...at least for a good number of years.

    I'm glad you're working with a good roofing company. I might have mentioned this before but I got ripped off by a roofer a few years ago, to the tune of $3600 I think it was...or was it $4600? I've tried to block the whole thing out of my memory because every time I hear about roofs, the anger comes flooding back. I hope that thief is locked up somewhere. Or I hope he ripped off the wrong person and got his ass kicked and his legs broke or something...I heard I wasn't the only one he did that too. Creep! arrrgh. See what I mean...I'm pissed off all over again. Haha! :)

    Great roof Janet. So glad you're happy with it. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, how nice. I like the new roof!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! It's definitely a change!

      Delete
  5. Fun seeing the new look - can't wait to see the finished product. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job with the roof, Janet! It looks really nice and clean. I am also considering a little home makeover myself. I have been talking to my husband about redoing the roof because last year, there was a bad hail storm that damaged our roof. Now that it's summer, my husband and I will be taking some ideas from this project!

    Pleasance Faast @ Shelton Roof

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Pleasance! Yes, we won't have to worry about leaks for quite some time now! Definitely worth it. We were lucky and found a great company to work with. Good luck with yours. Have a great day!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!