Search This Blog

Sunday, May 28, 2023

My Goodness It’s May 28, 2023

I haven’t posted much this month, as is my usual after the busy April A to Z, but it’s not because I’ve sunk my teeth into anything new, just because I sank into the “I don’t have anything exciting to say,” mood. However, I do have something fun to talk about now so here goes.

May 20th was our 39th anniversary. I’ve written before about some of the anniversary adventures we’ve been on and we went on another one this year.

We have a really good friend who had timeshare points to use or lose so he gave them to us. We went to Las Vegas for a few days and it was so relaxing. We stayed in a place called Tahiti Village and it was just as if we had gone to a tropical island. My favorite part was sitting by the “river” reading. I finished that book in two days.

Here’s my hubby floating along. I did it too but I didn’t take my camera with me because I was afraid I’d drop it.

We did drive up and down the strip a few times and went to the Gold and Silver Pawn shop but we didn’t sink a fortune into the slot machines. In fact, we only gambled for an hour and a half. That’s pretty good I think for being in Las Vegas. We also didn’t go see any shows. We were trying not to spend a ton of money.

I did notice one thing as we were walking through the SF airport that would have fit perfectly into my A to Z light show from last month:

I’d have taken a longer video but we were on our way to get our bags and had a friend coming to pick us up from the airport. I did some research and it is called Spirogyrate, designed by Eric Staller and installed in 2014. There are 12, 66-1/4 inch circles that spin and light up. Per the website, “Staller’s artwork utilizes light, space and motion to delight and surprise the public. Spirogyrate is an immersive and interactive installation composed of graphic spiral patterns and light that change and respond to people’s movement through the space. The result is a whimsical environment to be enjoyed by travelers of all ages.” 

See, I’m always on the lookout for things to astound and amuse you with! It will probably be a while before I have anything else to say as we are back to the same old routine. Happy Sunday!

Linda’s words for yesterday’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday were sink/sank/sunk. I’m a day late but thought I’d play anyway.

Also, note to those who read this, I am afraid that I am going to stop the simulcast post from WordPress because every time I post I have to come back here and resize the pictures and I can't always do that right away. Besides, the whole point of the simulcast is so that I only have to post once. Since that's not really working, it's not time effective. Therefore, to continue reading my posts, please follow me at this link.



from WordPress https://scr4pl80.com/2023/05/28/my-goodness-its-may-28-2023/

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Janet!

    I'm going to compose my comment on your Wordpress site to see if all goes smoothly. I already added your new URL on my blog reader list. You should see me in your list of followers there. If anything goes wrong, let me know so that we don't lose track of one another. That would be a disaster. Here goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet - I needed to reset my Wordpress password, but even after I did, my comment on your other site still did not publish. Please look in your spam folder and make sure you enable commenting from me in your settings. I will save a backup of my comment and post it here if necessary, but I hope it doesn't come to that. Let me know.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed rescue your comment from my spam folder but we shouldn't have a problem now. Thanks again for following me over there. Appreciate you!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!